Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Evan got the benefit of spending the last 4 years on teams who's primary offensive threats were Wilson Chandler, Ty Lawson, Oladipo and Vuc.

While Parsons was playing next to James Harden, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis. That's a big difference in offensive talent surrounding him. And throughout his career he's been a better shooter % (not by much, but he has) wise then Evan from both 2 and 3 point.

He's also bigger, rebounds better, averages more blocks and steals and fouls less. When guys like James and Paul George are in the same conference, I would rather have him then Evan. Especially if Evan is asking for northwards of 10 million. Chandler has potential to be an all-star if he became a number two option for a team (like he has been for the past month and a half for Dallas where he is averaging over 17 points a game). Evan may get there too, but Parsons seems much closer.

Look at their per 36. Parsons spent most of his career playing crazy high minutes.

This year, per 36, Parsons is averaging 16.8 5.5 and 3.1 on 49/42/68 shooting.

Fournier is averaging 16 3.2 and 3.1 on 44/40/83 shooting.

With numbers that close, you go with the guy who's turning 24 vs the guy who's turning 28.

EDIT: also, play making small forward my ass. His career assist% is 14.5. For context, Vucevic is at 16.5 this season.

So frankly, we are left with this question; Can the Magic win a championship with Nikola Vucevic at center?

NBA history tells me no, my eyes say no, and the stats do not suggest that it is possible either.

That does not mean Vucevic is a bad player. He can fill a stat sheet with points and rebounds. His offense still makes him a very valuable player. The Magic are in no position to deal him without an adequate replacement. A good center is hard to find.

But as the Orlando Magic begin to examine the future of their organization and what direction to take their rebuild, Vucevic’s future and how high they can climb with him has to be among those considerations.

https://orlandomagic...-glass-ceiling/

I like Vuc. I wish he could guard 4's. We need to find a tougher defensive center (no idea who, at this point) and trade Vuc for the best deal we can get. If we could cover better for some of our key players who aren't great perimeter defenders (Mario, Evan, the PG's) with better interior D, we'll be set with Oladipo and AG as glue guys imo

I like Vuc. I wish he could guard 4's. We need to find a tougher defensive center (no idea who, at this point) and trade Vuc for the best deal we can get. If we could cover better for some of our key players who aren't great perimeter defenders (Mario, Evan, the PG's) with better interior D, we'll be set with Oladipo and AG as glue guys imo

I don't even think rim protection really matters. What we need more than anything is just a guy who can hedge out on pick and rolls, average to above average defending other post players, and set good screens on the other end.

I don't even think rim protection really matters. What we need more than anything is just a guy who can hedge out on pick and rolls, average to above average defending other post players, and set good screens on the other end.

Right, I'm not suggesting we find a 'shot blocker' per se. Hiding guys (I guess I meant helping) can mean rotating better, helping on screens, just a competent overall defender you can plug into a system.

I also recognize that Parsons is probably going to put up 30 tonight on Hezonja.

Admitting it is the first road to recovery.

yup. this is our #1 problem IMO

We agree here. I keep looking at Andre Drummond in the FA list and wishing I could mentally warp his status from restricted to un restricted.

Looking forward to tonight game for once. After our somewhat dominant showing against the 76ers, it felt like the Magic were once against moving forward. They performed against philly like they were capable of for the most part.

Dallas is a tough opponent. We won our last matchup in overtime. I was pissed. The Magic could have won in regulation if they possessed shooting competence.

Tonight Dallas is looking for payback.

The Magic are only 6 games back from 50%.