Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

And that's about what I expect us to go.

eh, I dunno. we were playing +.500 basketball before January and we've played .500 basketball after January. schedule is as such that we can play 500 basketball from here on out.

So Rob already wanted to trade Harris, so you don't think he would have taken Jabari and Middleton for Fournier? Middleton is 24 and averages close to 19 a game and is a legit shooter. There is no way the Bucks offered that without getting AG or Mario. Again, zero chance either GM is that stupid.

Isn't it obvious that we offered that deal and Milwaukee said no?

The Magic loom as the most significant threat to the Mavericks to sign Chandler Parsons to a new contract this summer, reports Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com. Parsons is a virtual lock to turn down his $16.023MM player option for next season with the salary cap moving sharply upward, and he’s expected to receive a maximum-salary contract, MacMahon writes. Sources who spoke with MacMahon anticipate an aggressive pursuit from Orlando and expect the Heat, Lakers, Nets, Knicks, Trail Blazers, Rockets and Nuggets to come after the 27-year-old, too. The Thunder, would also have interest if Kevin Durant bolts, MacMahon adds, pointing to the presence of Billy Donovan, Parsons’ college coach, in Oklahoma City.

The Mavs realize they’ll need to once more put on a recruiting effort for the versatile small forward they signed to a loaded offer sheet in 2014, but they nonetheless appear to be the favorites for him again this summer, according to MacMahon. That’s because of the loyalty he feels toward owner Mark Cuban and teammate Dirk Nowitzki, as well as the fondness Parsons has for Rick Carlisle, having advocated for the five-year extension the team gave the coach earlier this season, the ESPN scribe writes. The relationship between Parsons and Carlisle is nuanced, MacMahon explains, with Parsons wary of whether Carlisle fully trusts him on the court, but Carlisle this week referred to Parsons as “a franchise-caliber player in the making” in a message to MacMahon.

The Magic opened enough cap flexibility in trades last month to sign two players to max contracts this summer, with only about $36MM in guaranteed salary on next season’s books against a projected $90MM cap. Orlando and soon-to-be free agent Al Horford reportedly have mutual interest, and Horford went to the University of Florida, just as Parsons did.

[/size]

Lazy reporting

"Team from player's home state likely to sign free agent player"

I doubt Parsons leaves Dallas

But if he leaves, it'd probably make more sense to just keep Fournier.

Lazy reporting

"Team from player's home state likely to sign free agent player"

I doubt Parsons leaves Dallas

But if he leaves, it'd probably make more sense to just keep Fournier.

You want to spoil all my fun don't you...

I would be really happy with Parsons if we never managed to land Durant. A future tandem of Parsons and AG would be fun as heck to watch.

You want to spoil all my fun don't you...

I would be really happy with Parsons if we never managed to land Durant. A future tandem of Parsons and AG would be fun as heck to watch.

Eh, the career numbers for Fournier and Parsons are almost identical and Fournier is 4 years younger.

I'm more interested in the Horford part. I'm not real high on Vuc, and thought this would be the season he took a real step.

Eh, the career numbers for Fournier and Parsons are almost identical and Fournier is 4 years younger.

Evan got the benefit of spending the last 4 years on teams who's primary offensive threats were Wilson Chandler, Ty Lawson, Oladipo and Vuc.

While Parsons was playing next to James Harden, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki and Monta Ellis. That's a big difference in offensive talent surrounding him. And throughout his career he's been a better shooter % (not by much, but he has) wise then Evan from both 2 and 3 point.

He's also bigger, rebounds better, averages more blocks and steals and fouls less. When guys like James and Paul George are in the same conference, I would rather have him then Evan. Especially if Evan is asking for northwards of 10 million. Chandler has potential to be an all-star if he became a number two option for a team (like he has been for the past month and a half for Dallas where he is averaging over 17 points a game). Evan may get there too, but Parsons seems much closer.

Oh he also has averaged more assists then Evan despite playing with people who dominate the ball far more often, and we could desperately use a playmaking SF.

I'm more interested in the Horford part. I'm not real high on Vuc, and thought this would be the season he took a real step.

It keeps being mentioned that Orlando has enough to sign two max players but at the same time I think we'd be okay bringing in one. Henny isn't going to make everyone happy because most fans want Hezonja to get more minutes but if we keep Fournier and bring in someone like Derozan he'll be limited once again. Ibelieve that AG is the PF of the future for Orlando and I'd be okay bringing in Horford only if Vucevic is gone. It's going to be an interesting off-season for sure but if it were me I would try and trade Watson, resign Smith, Ilyasova, and Dedmon, draft Denzel Valentine, and give my best pitch to bring in Conley and Durant.

Depth Chart (at a first glance):

PG: Conley, Payton, Napier

SG: Oladipo, Hezonja

SF: Durant, Valentine, Marble

PF: Gordon, Ilyasova, Smith

C: Vucevic, Dedmon

Realistically I see us resigning Fournier and bringing in a few vets to help with rim protection and scoring ability off the bench. A player like Speights comes to mind