Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

The new trend in NBA team building is collecting assets. The more assets that you collect — whether it be draft picks, young players, or contracts with interesting stipulations — the higher chance you have of obtaining a superstar caliber player. That player could come by trading those assets or could grow organically out of those assets themselves.

This is a ranking of each team in terms of the current assets they have. Each team is unique in the types of young players and draft picks that they have. The rules used for this ranking kept things strictly to draft picks and players in the first three years of their rookie contracts. The best way to put it is that is this is a ranking of which teams have the best asset to acquire superstar talent.

10. ORLANDO MAGIC

Top Assets: Los Angeles Lakers 2018 1st, Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Orlando 2016 1st

The Magic have been a nice surprise this season under new head coach Scott Skiles. Their young players make the future of this roster very enticing and will give them many of opportunities to develop a star. If the Lakers aren’t able to lure players to LA via free agency, their 2018 1st round pick that the Magic own will be very valuable as well.

http://hardwoodparox...nba-asset-rank/

A number of years ago the wife and I were house hunting, and we found the perfect one in a great neighborhood. Unfortunately, it was the only one in the neighborhood for sale, so it was priced above market. We decided we’d rather spend another year renting before paying more than the house was worth.

The following year, the house was still available, but the price had dropped substantially since a number of homes were now for sale in that neighborhood. We saved thousands of dollars by waiting for the right time to invest our money.

Cool story, but there's only one problem with your analogy. The average starting salary for competent NBA players is going up, not down.

Right.

In the offseason, Jae Crowder signed a contract for 5yrs, 35m based almost entirely on his looking pretty good coming off the bench in one 4 game playoff series last year.

NBA salaries are about to very rapidly not make any sense.

Right.

In the offseason, Jae Crowder signed a contract for 5yrs, 35m based almost entirely on his looking pretty good coming off the bench in one 4 game playoff series last year.

NBA salaries are about to very rapidly not make any sense.

The real scary thing is the cap is expected to balloon and then have a period of retraction later before it settles around the 100 million area. So teams are going to blow money like it's going out of style while responsible teams are going to have to get reasonable contracts in a market where that might be impossible.

It's something that worries me.

This team we have might be the team we have for a while with the exception of trades.

The real scary thing is the cap is expected to balloon and then have a period of retraction later before it settles around the 100 million area. So teams are going to blow money like it's going out of style while responsible teams are going to have to get reasonable contracts in a market where that might be impossible.

It's something that worries me.

This team we have might be the team we have for a while with the exception of trades.

The teams that overspend could lure subpar players, yes, but I think that problem will quickly take care of itself when high spenders don't necessarily lead to wins. Responsible spenders with LONGTERM vision is still key. I believe our players are sold. Now, does this mean we should give Fournier the max? If I was Henny I'd see who offers him a max. Then we decide if it's wise to match. In other words, let the market decide. Now, if Henny can convince Fournier to settle for Frye type numbers, I say lock him in. Realistically, I think Fournier will command 10-12 million a year. Crazy!

The teams that overspend could lure subpar players, yes, but I think that problem will quickly take care of itself when high spenders don't necessarily lead to wins. Responsible spenders with LONGTERM vision is still key. I believe our players are sold. Now, does this mean we should give Fournier the max? If I was Henny I'd see who offers him a max. Then we decide if it's wise to match. In other words, let the market decide. Now, if Henny can convince Fournier to settle for Frye type numbers, I say lock him in. Realistically, I think Fournier will command 10-12 million a year. Crazy!

Yeah but that's something that will play out over a few years.