Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Don't know if we've already posted this, but Chris Broussard talking on Mike & Mike this morning about Dwight and how looking back, everyone agreed Dwight should have stayed in Orlando.

http://es.pn/1PaIhkf

"Grass is not always greener on the other side."

If you have a team you totally want to blow up, a coach you want run out of town, and a front office you want gutted, then bring in Dwight Howard. He is a team destroyer. If he had the maturity and character to focus on his actual talents and abilities and maximize them, he could be a great addition to any team. But, he is totally lacking in those traits and so he is a net drain on a team. If he focused 80% of his energy on the defensive end of the floor, and looked for offensive rebounds and dunks, he would dominate the paint at both ends. He would be a great asset if he could play in that manner.

My best outcome, Dwight goes to Cleveland and the Cavaliers implode. In the offseason LeBron bolts to the Lakers to replace Kobe.

I would agree with this.

However, Dwight is now 30, and his likelihood of contributing to a championship is diminishing. It's actually rather fleeting at this point. I truly do believe, should Howard - not in a P.R. move, but a genuine move - say, "Orlando. I made a mistake. I messed up a good thing. And it's taken me a long time to realize that. I want to be a part of this growing team, and if you'll have me, I'd like to finish my career here." If there is no more wishy-washy-ness, but his mentality can change to being team-oriented and putting others first, I would gladly embrace him.

With that being said, it's going to take quite an overhaul of pride for him to get to that point. I won't touch him with a 10 ft. poll until that happens.

see Lin was a sensation. Porzingis is a staple of the community.

I think everyone realized that Lin was playing out of his mind, but wasn't overly talented and eventually would come back to earth (which he did). Porgingis has the makings of a truly great player. THAT is why he is a staple and untouchable.

You know the Magic were aiming for him with that #5 pick, as much as I like Hezonja.

Don't know if we've already posted this, but Chris Broussard talking on Mike & Mike this morning about Dwight and how looking back, everyone agreed Dwight should have stayed in Orlando.

http://es.pn/1PaIhkf

"Grass is not always greener on the other side."

Where are the Orlando Magic critics now when they graded us a D post Dwight trade? Lol Broussard I believe was one of the ones making fun of us for losing Dwight for "nothing" !!!

I would agree with this.

However, Dwight is now 30, and his likelihood of contributing to a championship is diminishing. It's actually rather fleeting at this point. I truly do believe, should Howard - not in a P.R. move, but a genuine move - say, "Orlando. I made a mistake. I messed up a good thing. And it's taken me a long time to realize that. I want to be a part of this growing team, and if you'll have me, I'd like to finish my career here." If there is no more wishy-washy-ness, but his mentality can change to being team-oriented and putting others first, I would gladly embrace him.

With that being said, it's going to take quite an overhaul of pride for him to get to that point. I won't touch him with a 10 ft. poll until that happens.

Dwight's game is regressing. I wouldn't trade Dwight straight up with Vuc at this point. I want the Magic to SUCCEED with Dwight looking from the OUTSIDE. Call me mean, call me bitter. Dwight is NEVER welcome back to Orlando again. We lost a really good coach because of him. And he shows no sign of maturing. He never takes accountability for his own shortcomings. He will be a cancer to any team he plays for. And he's weak mentally.

• Upvote 2

Dwight's game is regressing. I wouldn't trade Dwight straight up with Vuc at this point. I want the Magic to SUCCEED with Dwight looking from the OUTSIDE. Call me mean, call me bitter. Dwight is NEVER welcome back to Orlando again. We lost a really good coach because of him. And he shows no sign of maturing. He never takes accountability for his own shortcomings. He will be a cancer to any team he plays for. And he's weak mentally.

It's so rare that I agree with you on anything. This is definitely one of those times.

see Lin was a sensation. Porzingis is a staple of the community.

My point exactly.

But I do think Porz is gonna be damn good.

im not even mad at dwight anymore. He saved us from a slow downfall. 11-12 we were the equivalent of a 46 win team. Lets say we make several really smart moves.

We make the kyle lowry trade instead of toronto.

We sign lou williams and carlos delfino.

We resign ryan anderson.

our roster is

Lowry-Jameer-?

JJ-Lou Williams

Jason richardson- Delfino- Qrich

Anderson-Davis-Nicholson

Dwight-Kyle O'quinn

We get curb stomped by Miami.

We have Dwight at 18 million, Hedo at 12 million, Anderson at 10 million, jameer at 8.6 million glen davis at 6.4, richardson at 5.3, Lowry at 5.7. That already puts us at 65 million before other ancillary pieces.

So we need to make a panic trade for 12-13. Which one do we do? igoudala? or Pierce/Garnett?

and we get curb stomped by miami again.

so now we're sitting here in 13-14 with no great assets and we probably blow up the team even if dwight wasn't asking for a trade. He let us start the rebuild early.

im not even mad at dwight anymore.

Why should we be mad at him at all? We came as close as ever to a championship with him. It took one more year than necessary to trade him after he went bat****, but ultimately he served as a fantastic trade piece at the very least. I understand the initial frustration, but we made out like bandits. Curious as to why you made such an odd qualifying statement.

im not even mad at dwight anymore. He saved us from a slow downfall. 11-12 we were the equivalent of a 46 win team. Lets say we make several really smart moves.

We make the kyle lowry trade instead of toronto.

We sign lou williams and carlos delfino.

We resign ryan anderson.

our roster is

Lowry-Jameer-?

JJ-Lou Williams

Jason richardson- Delfino- Qrich

Anderson-Davis-Nicholson

Dwight-Kyle O'quinn

We get curb stomped by Miami.

We have Dwight at 18 million, Hedo at 12 million, Anderson at 10 million, jameer at 8.6 million glen davis at 6.4, richardson at 5.3, Lowry at 5.7. That already puts us at 65 million before other ancillary pieces.

So we need to make a panic trade for 12-13. Which one do we do? igoudala? or Pierce/Garnett?

and we get curb stomped by miami again.

so now we're sitting here in 13-14 with no great assets and we probably blow up the team even if dwight wasn't asking for a trade. He let us start the rebuild early.

I'm not mad nor do I blame him for loses or for wanting out. His mentality as a pro with all that potential irks me and I dislike how he treated SVG but the downfall started because of Otis imo.

Why should we be mad at him at all? We came as close as ever to a championship with him. It took one more year than necessary to trade him after he went bat****, but ultimately he served as a fantastic trade piece at the very least. I understand the initial frustration, but we made out like bandits. Curious as to why you made such an odd qualifying statement.

Well, he did play an huge role in one of the best coaches we've had getting fired.

There's blame to go around everywhere though. BVW's phone call to Dwight while buzzing. Otis's knee jerk trades after the finals. Dwight and his handling of things. SVG for opening up publicly about Dwight. It was a mess.