Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I seriously considered going to London for the ORL-TOR game but decided against it. I've been to London 16 times but not since 2008. Want to go back and Orlando playing there was a pull, saw them there back in '93... but i want to save some money for my 2017 Orlando trip. Really bummed, wanted to see them in London too but money doesn't grow on my living room plant laugh.gif

I seriously considered going to London for the ORL-TOR game but decided against it. I've been to London 16 times but not since 2008. Want to go back and Orlando playing there was a pull, saw them there back in '93... but i want to save some money for my 2017 Orlando trip. Really bummed, wanted to see them in London too but money doesn't grow on my living room plant laugh.gif

Get a new plant.

I've moved on now. The Magic have to get prepared for their next game.

We play Chicago and New Orleans. We should be capable of beating the bulls easily. If we make open shots at the clip we did last night, it should be an easy win. This is an away game. Chicago still has trouble generating a consistent offense. That's their only problem. We're a better version of them at this point. We're young and more versatile. We have better depth. We're also healthier. We choked away a game against the Bulls last year and we must redeem that very game.

New Orleans? We only have to put Aaron Gordon on Davis. Vucevic took it to Davis in the preseason. Eric Gordon is the only other player we have to contain. Recently, it seems as if Davis has been focusing on scoring rather than defending from what I've seen from him.

We need to be prepared to slow the rockets down. We've seen what they were capable of in a fast paced offense.

The Rockets also have depth in Corey Brewer, Trevor Ariza, and Ty Lawson? Harden is obvious. Howard? Hack him. Marcus Thornton, the guy who makes it his mission to light us up is on their team. I have no idea what the Magic did to him but he has to hate us. I don't know man..but you can see it in his eyes.

Toronto might be tough. Especially because Derozen shows up against us but not playoff teams. Terrence ross decides he wants to be an all-star the day we play them. I feel we should be able to contain them but I don't watch toronto much.

Then we play philly. no excuse to lose that game.

Overall, I feel that the next we should go 4-1 in the next 5 if we do everything we did tonight plus better shooting and no choking.

Even with Oladipo playing like 2014 Kobe, the overall teamplay has been strong enough that we should beat Chicago given we can maintain the same intensity. Butler can't do it all himself, Pau and Mirotic is a paper thin defensive frontline (wouldnt be surprised if Gibson starts), Rose is awful, and Snell hasn't shown much yet.

These have been two brutal losses, but I’m still optimistic about the season. It’s frustrating that after playing two really good teams at home and basically losing both games on last second shots, five of the next six games are on the road; but that’s life in the NBA, and I think Orlando has a pretty solid shot to pull to .500 by the time they get to play L.A. at home. The next five games after that are absolutely winnable. If they go 4-1 over that stretch, that puts them at 8-5. Then another reasonable expectation to go 4-1 over the next five, but even a 3-2 stretch puts them at 11-7 as some tough road games come up. The point is that if this team continues to play tough, they have a chance to be right at .500 through 20 games, which would be huge for their confidence.

The main thing is not to get down in this tough opening stretch. There are winnable games, including Chicago and Philadelphia and even Toronto at home (put Gordon on DeRozan and deny him the ball as much as possible). Win those three and only one of New Orleans, Houston, and Indiana have to fall on their court for this team to be in tremendous shape coming out of a really brutal opening stretch. I think .500 after 8 games is totally doable, and I think this team would benefit greatly from the confidence that would bring, to get out of that death trap alive.

To be honest, Gordon is playing like a starter. He plays defense, is now good enough to play at a high level offensively, and can easily be a stopper that we desperately need. I think these last two games have proven that, but I think Skiles is taking it slow with him, not wanting to rush him into starting, and then have him go down with injury. Still, he needs to be in during the 4th. We would have won the last two games with Gordon in lineup, but Skiles did something different. Both the losses have been defensive miscue based, Gordon fixes that, and keeps the defense in a position to close out games.

almost all of dipo's shots are within the offense, the problem is when he's going to the rim he's not drawing fouls even though there is contact alot. dude just had a triple double, agreed AG needs to be on the floor more, i like him off the bench for now. he's an athletic mismatch for almost every 2nd unit in the league

Oladipo receiving more calls equals:

opponents bigs or guards in foul trouble

opponent forced to adjust to him or forced to to sit best bigs/guards from foul trouble

Magic have advantage from freethrows

More time for Oladipo to attack lesser guards.

Oladipo not receiving calls:

Abundant amount of missed field goal attempts

Ruins his percentage scoring and perception of scoring

Unable to get back on defense

Demotivating

Frustrating

Point? Had victor received the calls he deserved, the Magic would have able to limit opponents; a basic logic flow chart of advantages. Oladipo continues to get hammered and worn down through the game. The other night, he showed perseverance and endurance.

Most of all, another point is that we would have been dominating both opponents. For both games, the Magic lead for the majority of each game. Especially the okc game.

Victor averages the 6th most drives in the nba at 10.5 per. He has been shooting 18.2 percent on his drives which is the worst out of the top 10 drivers.

http://stats.nba.com...ABBREVIATION*E*

He averages 5.5 more drives than our second most driver thus far, Tobias Harris(5.0).

http://stats.nba.com...REVIATION*E*orl

Last night...victor received only 2 free throw attempts in each game.

What you guys need to ask yourself is WHAT THE ***** GIVES.

Its crazy how many people who whined and complained when we drafted Gordon now want him to start.

Well, to be fair, every part of the draft process had him as a hyperathletic 4 who could defend multiple positions but was basically Blake Griffin light. He was going to be a hustle guy who could do every single little thing but nothing all that well.

Then Hennigan did the post draft interview and was like nah, this guy was drilling threes in workouts and we think he's a small forward.

That changed everything. That moves him from Tristan Thompson to kahwi.

So I don't blame anyone who hated the pick initially. It looked like were getting a nice but limited player but he was so much more.