Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

It's super weird to me that fans will blame Vaughn for some players underachieving last year, but will ignore his effect completely for others.

Its going to be interesting to see if Vaughn to Skiles has any impact on player's play. Oladipo, Vucevic, and Harris thrived under Vaughn. Others did not.

But if we had a bunch of objectively good defensive players play inconsistent or poor defense under vaughn and from the little we've seen in preseason that's turned around. wouldn't we expect a reasonable improvement for frye too?

Especially if we put him in positions to succeed

like a Watson-Oladipo-Gordon-frye-dedmon lineup to end the first quarter.

It's super weird to me that fans will blame Vaughn for some players underachieving last year, but will ignore his effect completely for others.

I, for one never blamed Vaughn for players underachieving. His coaching was lacking direction. What I did see was Frye's consistently grabbing guys on fast breaks, because his slow ass did not want to put ANY effort in trying to play defense. He was out of shape and his effort was extremely poor, that is not the coaches fault other than playing anybody like that. Other than making 3 point shots, what exactly does he bring to this team that is positive?