Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Who Will Breakout This Year For The Magic?

Vucevic averages 50 and 30 and we win 78 games in a row after an 0-4 start. Shaq comes out of retirement to play backup center.

We then lose to Milwaukee in the first round.

Super Mario. He's killing it at Eurobasket. I just watched his highlights and his 3 looks effortless. Fingers crossed.

Woah you are right!!! Did we hit the jackpot? He's like a Toni Kukoc type player and someone even said Kobe version 2.0. Our 3-ball definitely got beefed up this offseason.

Depending on how minute distribution unfolds for Mario he could in theory break out. I don't expect much playing time toward the beginning between the glut of SF's and the need to have Oladipo on the floor. Later in the season I could see more opportunity for pt from either lack of production or injury at the 3 which could allow him to break out comparatively speaking.

While I still believe Oladipo is the most likely breakout candidate I feel that our team would benefit most from a Payton breakout. Mario looks like he is going to be a scoring machine though, if his defense ends up being at least average I think he will be our future starting SF.

I definitely feel the same about Mario, I don't believe he's going to come out of the gates with significant minutes. I think Skiles will ease him into the game rather than just throw him in the mix. But watching the highlights from the Euro league has been an exciting thing and I remain hopeful that he'll be a great pick from this draft.

Keep in mind that unlike college players that get drafted, Mario has been playing professional basketball for a long time. IMO it won't take as long for him to get accustomed to NBA ball and make an impact as it does college rooks!

I think AG is more likely to "break out" though I do think Oladipo will show growth. I think Oladipo's improvements won't be as drastic, therefore not seeming as extreme as AG, who sat out most of the season and was very one dimensional offensively. Also, Oladipo is more likely to improve his efficiency while maintaining the same numbers, which is what the team needs from him but not flashy enough to garner attention.

Hopefully EP will also show more control and a recognizable jump shot.

Like DOM said, Henzonja can't break out. He's a rookie.