Sign in to follow this  
You're Fat, Pat!

Who from the "good ole days" is still here?

I wasnt able to log in ever again after the switch from Ozone. It was a catastrophic decision to move the forum.

I started lurking only and occasionally post now under a new name.

I wasnt able to log in ever again after the switch from Ozone. It was a catastrophic decision to move the forum.

I started lurking only and occasionally post now under a new name.

Don't even get me started.

Even ignoring the account information issue the move also made us significantly susceptible to bot attacks. The only feasible way to deal with that was to create a rule where you need 10 approved posts to post without prior approval. This helped the average user avoid seeing a bunch of spam threads but we saw thousands of red posts sitting there waiting to be approved.

It's really difficult to keep new members in an environment where they are ignored until I come around and approve their post

How long has this forum been around? I seem to remember reading it (but not posting) back when we still had Pat Garrity and T-Mac. I could be mistaking it for a different message board though.

Even ignoring the account information issue the move also made us significantly susceptible to bot attacks. The only feasible way to deal with that was to create a rule where you need 10 approved posts to post without prior approval. This helped the average user avoid seeing a bunch of spam threads but we saw thousands of red posts sitting there waiting to be approved.

It's really difficult to keep new members in an environment where they are ignored until I come around and approve their post

That is painful.

Explains the low traffic too. By the time a new person's post is approved they may have already given up or found another forum.

How long has this forum been around? I seem to remember reading it (but not posting) back when we still had Pat Garrity and T-Mac. I could be mistaking it for a different message board though.

I think it was launched Jan of 06.

I miss BMP's sad violin.

Wow that's horrible. Guess that explains why the Magic RealGM board is more active than this one.

I suppose a silver lining is that it dissuades malcontents from sticking around, the old forum had guys like ThugLife and VaBchMagicFan trolling all the time...well ThugLife wasn't a troll until Jameer ruined Vince Carter or something.

I miss BMP's sad violin.

Wow that's horrible. Guess that explains why the Magic RealGM board is more active than this one.

I suppose a silver lining is that it dissuades malcontents from sticking around, the old forum had guys like ThugLife and VaBchMagicFan trolling all the time...well ThugLife wasn't a troll until Jameer ruined Vince Carter or something.

https://youtu.be/ITSx50fBHic&autoplay=1

[YouTube]https://youtu.be/ITSx50fBHic[/YouTube]

I can't auto play anymore :(

I miss BMP's sad violin.

You forgot about 6ersRule! That was fun...

But yeah, I'm surprised so many are still around. Hey, all!

Like I said, I'm planning to be back this season. Looking forward to another roller coaster ride on here. :shard: