Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Kevin Pelton thread

You directly addressed me in the lead sentence of your first post here, so I choose to stay.

Why do you like this guy so much? I can't figure it out.

Oh, wait...

Many of the so called experts had Noah Vonleh going to Orlando with the 4th pick last summer....Pelton had Noah ranked 2nd best veteran player in Vegas summer league...moreover:

2. Noah Vonleh | Portland Trail Blazers

Since missing the Blazers' opening game with a sprained ankle, Vonleh has been terrific, averaging 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game and shooting 55.8 percent from the field. Compared with a year ago, when Vonleh struggled in Las Vegas, he has filled out physically and developed his skills -- including NBA 3-point range. Vonleh made all three 3-pointers he attempted Thursday, bringing him to 5-of-10 from beyond the arc for the week.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13271902/nba-karl-anthony-towns-emmanuel-mudiay-earn-summer-league-superlatives

Many of the so called experts had Noah Vonleh going to Orlando with the 4th pick last summer....Pelton had Noah ranked 2nd best veteran player in Vegas summer league...moreover:

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13271902/nba-karl-anthony-towns-emmanuel-mudiay-earn-summer-league-superlatives

Gordon is 19, second youngest player in last year's draft. We are counting on superstar potential vs. guaranteed role player.

Riley (VA)

Can Victor Oladipo be the best 2 way shooting guard in a few years?

Kevin Pelton

With Jimmy Butler, Paul George and Klay Thompson still in the league, probably not.

Kevin Pelton

It's weird why only at shooting guard is there this obsession with "two-way" players. Nobody ever talks about whether Chris Paul or Steph Curry is the best "two-way" point guard. I don't quite get it. Are we that beholden to Klay's agent?

Riley (VA)

PG is a 3, can play the 2 but a 3. You honestly think that Oladipo cant be as good as Butler or Thompson?

Kevin Pelton

Can't is one thing. Won't is another. It does not strike me as a likely scenario.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/chat/chat?eventId=51640&src=desktop#page=8

Funny thing is Gordon's SL numbers were better. Also, which "so called experts" had Vonleh going to us at 4? Please share this with us. Glad you have your own thread for this crap so I can simply avoid it moving forward.

Funny thing is Gordon's SL numbers were better. Also, which "so called experts" had Vonleh going to us at 4? Please share this with us. Glad you have your own thread for this crap so I can simply avoid it moving forward.

Catman

Catman

Thanks for considering me to be an expert. :silver_cup:

Vonleh reminds me of Porz, and I said this last year - he is a project. Not going to be an impact player his first few years. Of course you could say the same about Aaron Gordon, but it appears both of these guys may log some solid minutes this season

He made a lot of sense for the Magic, but I think Gordon is the better pick and Im really glad we took him.

Meanwhile Ball Junkie is still upset we didn't take Randle.

Why is Junkie now posting things from months ago? That last chat was from before the playoffs.

He ran out of stuff to find that is negative towards the team so now he is going to the way back machine. The best part will be a in a year or two when the Magic are gelled and balling he will be on here acting like he never doubted the rebuild at all.

Classic Orlando band wagon fan. I met many of those during our last run. They ran around town like crazed Orlando Soccer fans do now, and were very in your face about how they supported the team. Ask them about us now and we are "cursed", and "our GM should be fired" "the team sucks" etc.