Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

College football 2015

Unless there is video evidence of Dalvin's wrongdoing, he will be reinstated to the team and likely face no real punishment. He is too important for Jimbo to kick him off. Heck, Jimbo wasn't going to do anything with DeAndre Johnson until the footage forced his hand.

I thought I heard one of the local Tampa sports radio stations was reporting that there is photographic evidence, but no video. If that's true, he's probably a goner.

you can't defend these guys hitting women.

even in self defense, the man is almost always going to look the worst, especially when it's a high caliber athlete who is much bigger and stronger.

these guys have to walk away, that's all you can do

They are most certainly here, they don't have to defend their school re: the actions of their players like this though, so they don't come up in conversation. O'Leary might have lied about his resume at one point, and a player died of heatstroke on his watch...but he doesn't recruit people that get involved in these issues it seems. And there is no shortage of violence near UCF, further testament to the character of the players.

Lol UCF has had players get into legal trouble. Hell, JJ Worton was arrested for having an altercation with an officer, for example. The big difference is that UCF is small bananas compared to FSU so when something happens, it can be handled in-house and no major national media outlets really care enough to report it. If this was UCF's RB, ESPN would mention it for a day and no one would care after that.

And yeah, I'll agree to an extent that O'Leary has his players on a shorter leash. The guy is a crotchety old man who can be an exceptional ******* and his disciplinarian style is a huge turn-off for big time recruits.

But I do believe that there is a correlation between talented rosters and teams with legal troubles. Part of it has to do with being under the media microscope when you're good, the other part, imo, has to do with those talented guys getting big heads with their patrons on and around campus. Coaches at big time programs have a tendency to cater to recruits and probably are a bit more flexible with their discipline. But as stated before, most schools at the elite tier have had players with legal issues on their rosters. UF, USC, Miami, etc. all had guys with legal issues when they were competitive.

Just my two cents...

FSU fans will defend the behavior as long as they win games, the can of worms with jameis has been opened and can't be shut now.

And what would those can of worms be? This should be good. Was it him popping off BB guns in a backyard? Was it when a local business gave him free food for being an athlete? Was it when he as a college kid cussed on a college campus? Oh wait, you're mad about the time he filled a water cup with soda at Burger King? Because those were the "scandals" about Jameis that were actually true, and now after reading them, you realize how silly this all is right?

None of what is going on right now has anything to do with Jameis Winston.

Yeah, if you guys, for example, had a star wide receiver commit a felony battery against a police officer I'm sure that ucf would kick him out of school.

How did I miss that? It looks like a case was never pursued, but still.

You are not a national power in recruiting. Half your team is just happy to be there with zero entitlement from being best in state..etc.

If that ever happens, lets see how quickly your tune changes.

I just spoke for UCF, I have no skin in the game...I went to school in North Carolina.