Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

College football 2015

As an Ohio State fan, I remember when we got crucified over players selling their personal property for tattoos and cash. ESPN led the charge which led to Tress being fired, and Pryor being banned from the school for 5 years, and some how, for his first 4 games in the NFL.

This stuff going on at FSU makes our legal issues look like parking tickets LOL.

I have nothing against FSU, I'v actually always preferred them over UF, but getting back to back cases like this for Jimbo doesn't reflect good on them. I bet the UF forums are loving it.

A man should never hit a woman. No matter the consequence.

In a world of equality anyone should be allowed to defend themselves from anyone. The situation in the video was uncalled for, she was standing her ground in the video, he put his hands on her first.

To add, I know I read it somewhere, the QB that was expelled off the team his lawyer claims the girl was yelling racial epithets among other insults.

Jimbo has a big decision to make...I'm anxiously anticipating what he's gonna do...seems to be a no win situation.

Fox Sports...It's 1 thing to kick a 3rd string QB off the team but will Fisher kick a Heisman candidate off for basically committing the same offense ...link:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/florida-state-seminoles-dalvin-cook-battery-deandre-johnson-jimbo-fisher-071015

Well the first incident had video and we know it happened.

This second situation is a little cloudier. If he said the stuff he was quoted as saying, then he should be kicked off just for being an idiot. But those quotes sound a little staged to me.

As an Ohio State fan, I remember when we got crucified over players selling their personal property for tattoos and cash. ESPN led the charge which led to Tress being fired, and Pryor being banned from the school for 5 years, and some how, for his first 4 games in the NFL.

This stuff going on at FSU makes our legal issues look like parking tickets LOL.

I have nothing against FSU, I'v actually always preferred them over UF, but getting back to back cases like this for Jimbo doesn't reflect good on them. I bet the UF forums are loving it.

This is exactly what Im talking about. Nobody should be loving anything. UF had the exact same crimes happen there under Urban Meyer who is now at OSU. If you think things like this won't happen at OSU, you are not looking at things objectively. When you are recruiting at this level, you have more incidents like this. It's not an FSU or UF or Bama thing. It's a national issue.

In a world of equality anyone should be allowed to defend themselves from anyone.

Yes. Not related to the FSU incidents, but yes.

Well the first incident had video and we know it happened.

This second situation is a little cloudier. If he said the stuff he was quoted as saying, then he should be kicked off just for being an idiot. But those quotes sound a little staged to me.

This is exactly what Im talking about. Nobody should be loving anything. UF had the exact same crimes happen there under Urban Meyer who is now at OSU. If you think things like this won't happen at OSU, you are not looking at things objectively. When you are recruiting at this level, you have more incidents like this. It's not an FSU or UF or Bama thing. It's a national issue.

Yeah, this stuff happens everywhere. I'm pretty sure it also reflects a random sample of men age 18-25. It's not a college issue or a football issue, but a societal issue.

A man should never hit a woman. No matter the consequence.

Bill Burr: Really? I can give you 17 right off the top of my head!

But seriously, what if death is a consequence? What about your rights. That's a social issue in this modern era however the justification isn't overlooked. No way am I condoning women being beaten for no reason. However, if a man has to defend himself from a women, he should. This is a period where many wrong doings by women get overlooked while men get laughed at and ridiculed. In essence, the majority implies: there's a man to save a women but no one to save the man.

The kid should pay the consequence, he only got hit once(He shouldn't have gotten hit at all). A man could take a hit like that, no sweat.

I looked at the video again, what is this "make believe" sexual assault you guys are seeing. The guy was trying to get in between the victim and another young women. She made it as difficult as possible for him to get through while the other young women kindly moved out of the way. She said something to get him to direct himself to her. Probably something rude. They were serving beverages; possibly alcohol. She put her fists up first. They could have been intoxicated which escalates the situation even more. She got a weak kick in and a weak baby punch but yeah, it wasn't necessary to hit her. I would just feel embarrassed for the young girl trying to tally up with a guy.

I can say from my experience having been to many Tallahassee Clubs and bars that were PACKED....shoulder to shoulder, drunk people always make it difficult to get passed them. It often leads to a bottle of Ciroc bottle being smashed on the nape of a neck or easily on the crown of someones random person's head who wasn't even involved. Then we have a melee between cliques.

Eh. I'm getting off topic.

the real interesting thing will be the ultimate punishment.

For those who don't know, my fiance works for the state attorney's office and handles sex crimes, dv, and a bit of general felony so I have a pretty good source on how these things work.

If cook is being charged with misdemeanor battery he'll probably plea to probation and anger management.

@mikefreemanNFL FSU has had 20 sexual assault allegations over the last six years. That is an absolute disgrace.

^^^ This is the **** that pisses me off. We can be the villain at FSU, that's fine. I love that of all schools to end the SEC's inbred mayhem that it was my school. But it's bad enough that we have guys punching girls. You don't have to completely make stuff up.

But maybe I shouldn't be too mad, the guy works for Bleacher Report. I fill out a profile and I'm his *****ing colleague.