Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

What is your opinion on Aaron Gordon?

I think looking at the rookie years of guys like kahwi, nic Batum, giannis antetokoumpo and Danny granger will help you guys feel better about Gordon

I think that within a year, maybe two, he'll have been traded and we'll be happy he's no longer our problem. It's hard for me to view him as anything more than an energy player with okay defense from time to time.

we have barely seen the boy play yet...i think he is going to be a top draw player who can do a lot of things at a high level

come back in 4 years when he is 23 lol

I think is more gifted offensively than Kidd-Gilchrist

He will have a similar development curve as MKG like I said earlier, but his shot will be better I'm pretty sure about. He will always be elite defensively, but I think always a somewhat limited on offense.

Right now, AG is a deer in headlights, has no left hand, a unreliable jumper, panicky with the ball in his hands, and bad awareness offensively.

BUT

Right now, he can guard 4 positions, run the floor well, plays non stop every second, can rebound, can slash, and shows promise with his shot.

From the second we drafted AG, I told myself he's at minimum a 3 year project and I'm sticking to that. I won't judge him one way or the other until he can legally buy a drink.

I was more of a Randle person myself. Looking forward to seeing how he does this season too. Actually, looking forward to seeing how quite a few guys that were injured from last years draft class play this year.

I understand the pick by Rob though. AG fits in with the kind of team we are building. People that think he is going to be really good don't know that, and people that think he is going to be a bust don't know that.

being MKG would be a disappointment

Nah, mkg might be the best defensive wing in the league and improved his shooting from 10-16 feet from 14% to 50%.

If his shot continues to improve he might be a fantastic player

Nah, mkg might be the best defensive wing in the league and improved his shooting from 10-16 feet from 14% to 50%.

If his shot continues to improve he might be a fantastic player

+1

I really like MKG. And he's still 7 years away from his prime.

It's funny actually.

Fans get excited when they draft a guy that is super young and has a ton of potential, but when they actually have to wait for said player to reach his potential, they get impatient and say "that was a bad pick" or the consensus about said player is "he's a bust".

And I'm not just referring to AG or MKG in this instance, just in general.

We can debate AG all we want, the reality it's beyond difficult to predict the future of a 19 year old kid. But if he becomes MKG with a better jumper, I'd be really excited with that not to mention his height gives him even more versatility than MKG.

• Upvote 3

Another inch would be awesome.

That's what she said.

• Upvote 2

What I mean is that by then (1-2 years) we'll realize he's not what we hoped he'd be. I could be wrong, but I just don't see him turning into what some of you do. People keep talking about his age but that just tells me he should have stayed in school longer, in no way did he look NBA ready last year.

Ok I'll accept that answer. I'm cautiously watching. I don't know what AG will turn into, but check out the summer league video. There's clearly some high BB IQ in that kid and his 3 ball is looking improved based on a couple practice videos. Will the game at 1 pm be on tv today? Anyone know?