Sign in to follow this  
masazasm2

Tyler Harvey

I have to say though, if that youtube clip is an accurate representation of his shot selection in college, it's damn impressive that he shot 43% from the 3pt line.

For real. He's strait hitting some JR Smith type heaves at times.

That boys and girls is what you call range. Those are some crazy long threes, he may have to reel that in just a tad.

That boys and girls is what you call range. Those are some crazy long threes, he may have to reel that in just a tad.

He's a second-round pick. He should reel nothing in. He's lucky to be here, so let him let it fly. So many guys have come out of nowhere as second-round picks to become solid players, why not this guy? Because Orlando hasn't had one of those guys in... ever, maybe? Perhaps they're due. Let's just watch and hope he can shoot like that in the league. 'Cause damn, that's some range!

I'll settle for an actual NBA rotation player. Michael Redd is the absolute moon.

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. I said he "shoots" like Michael Redd meaning his form and release. What I do see is a solid scoring combo guard off the bench. Obviously it'll be about 2-3 years down the line but these are my opinions below:

Best case scenario: Danny Green

What I think he will be: Lou Williams

Worst case scenario: E'Twaun Moore

Maybe you misunderstood what I said. I said he "shoots" like Michael Redd meaning his form and release. What I do see is a solid scoring combo guard off the bench. Obviously it'll be about 2-3 years down the line but these are my opinions below:

Best case scenario: Danny Green

What I think he will be: Lou Williams

Worst case scenario: E'Twaun Moore

hmmm....

Etwaun Moore might be his ceiling. If he ended up being on Lou Wiliams level then this is one of the best (if not the best) picks at this spot on the draft clock of all time. I would say he has about 1-5 % chance of ever being as good as Lou Williams, there is a reason why he was still on the board at our pick and I see his game transitioning much better in overseas leagues where his completely lack of athleticism is not completely exhibited by his opposition.

He's a second-round pick. He should reel nothing in. He's lucky to be here, so let him let it fly. So many guys have come out of nowhere as second-round picks to become solid players, why not this guy? Because Orlando hasn't had one of those guys in... ever, maybe? Perhaps they're due. Let's just watch and hope he can shoot like that in the league. 'Cause damn, that's some range!

Good point. Bombs away!!

Harvey's range is ridiculous and to shoot the 3 at a 43% clip is rather impressive, especially considering the depth of a lot of the shots taken and the fact that he almost always is creating the shots off the dribble off the step back. Shooting is one skill that absolutely does translate to the NBA and there's no doubt this guy can shoot the rock.