Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Grade Our Draft

58 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give the Magic for their draft?

• A - Amazing
    • B - Solid
    • C - Not So Good
    • F - Awful

Dude I'm done talking with you. I like debating with people on here. I like disagreeing with people. I like hearing peoples thoughts. Hell I disagree with Cat all the time but I really respect his basketball knowledge and value his opinion at the end of the day. Can't say the same for you. Let's just leave it at that.

You can not like me, it's better that way. It's an internet forum, I'll live.

:shard:

• Upvote 1

Good work.

Where did you rewatch the war room feed? There was a report that Knicks were in last min discussion with a handful of teams; one being Orlando. Like you said, they wanted Porzingis but the difference in evaluation wasn't worth the price of moving up for him.

I just googled "Orlando Magic War Room." haha.

Here: http://mi.nba.com/articles/watch_magic_war_room_draft_2015_06_25.html

I'm excited for Hezonja. I just don't buy Rob saying "He was our guy all along" like he did and wanted to prove to myself (and you guys) this wasn't the case.

First off, great post and great detective work by TreyMachine.

I was at the draft party and they were continuously showing the war room...I was thinking when Mario was picked and the war room was on the big screen how fake it looked when Hennigan walked around and was high-fiving every man in there.

The same night I was reading this board and everyone was saying Rob must have gotten who he wanted because he was smiling and fiving everyone and I'm thinking he knows a TV camera is on him...What's he supposed to do ???...Look depressed ???...Sure wouldn't sell many season tickets like that, lol.

Lastly, I find it hilarious that Henny, whom most refer to as "In Henny I Trust", was gonna pick a guy that was the butt of jokes and got the biggest reaction all night when Porzingus was picked and the TV cameras kept showing that Knicks little kid crying over and over, lol, smh.

For the record, Scott Anez was predicting "The Latvian Hammer" (what he was calling him, lol) to the Magic also.

Fendi, what's up man !

I was at the draft party and they were continuously showing the war room...I was thinking when Mario was picked and the war room was on the big screen how fake it looked when Hennigan walked around and was high-fiving every man in there.

The same night I was reading this board and everyone was saying Rob must have gotten who he wanted because he was smiling and fiving everyone and I'm thinking he knows a TV camera is on him...What's he supposed to do ???...Look depressed ???...Sure wouldn't sell many season tickets like that, lol.

Lastly, I find it hilarious that Henny, whom most refer to as "In Henny I Trust", was gonna pick a guy that was the butt of jokes and got the biggest reaction all night when Porzingus was picked and the TV cameras kept showing that Knicks little kid crying over and over, lol, smh.

For the record, Scott Anez was predicting "The Latvian Hammer" (what he was calling him, lol) to the Magic also.

Fendi, what's up man !

I hate when I hear that so much. Sounds like someone who would follow any leader blindly off a cliff. And this is coming from someone who thinks relatively highly of Rob.

Call it fate or what ever. Mario was the best choice between the two and now Harris will become the focus. If robs hand was forced, good. Mario will play out to be the better player.

Call it fate or what ever. Mario was the best choice between the two and now Harris will become the focus. If robs hand was forced, good. Mario will play out to be the better player.

Yea this is precisely how i feel. I am confident that Mario will have a better NBA career than Porz.

It will be fun to look back and 5 years and see how Mario/Johnson/Winslow rank against one another. Could have made a case for any of them at 5.

Yea this is precisely how i feel. I am confident that Mario will have a better NBA career than Porz.

It will be fun to look back and 5 years and see how Mario/Johnson/Winslow rank against one another. Could have made a case for any of them at 5.

I think even comparing Mario to Porzingis will be fun. In my opinion, I think that Porzingis would have thrived in a small market like Orlando, but I think he'll get eaten up by the NY Media and won't even get to where he could be as a solid role player. Too much will be expected of him too soon and too much criticism will be pushed on him too early as a 19 year old.

Mario came into an ideal situation. My biggest fear: Mario is all about Mario... I 100% think he bolts from Orlando as an unrestricted Free Agent if he gets to his potential. I don't see Oladipo, Payton, or Gordon doing that, but Mario I do.

I think even comparing Mario to Porzingis will be fun. In my opinion, I think that Porzingis would have thrived in a small market like Orlando, but I think he'll get eaten up by the NY Media and won't even get to where he could be as a solid role player. Too much will be expected of him too soon and too much criticism will be pushed on him too early as a 19 year old.

Mario came into an ideal situation. My biggest fear: Mario is all about Mario... I 100% think he bolts from Orlando as an unrestricted Free Agent if he gets to his potential. I don't see Oladipo, Payton, or Gordon doing that, but Mario I do.

Guy hasn't even landed in Orlando and we're already worried about him leaving 7-8 years from now?

Fendi, what's up man !

It actually intrigues me that the guy who found gems like Vucevic, Harris, Payton, was/is interested in a dark horse like Porzingis. Rob,like him or not, clearly does more research than previous GMs. I know we fault him for the Nicholson pick or the Frye pickup, but for the most part Henny has been spot on. Doubters will soon begin to see the fruit of the rebuild once our young team gels with a seasoned coach like Skiles. Henny has done incredible dealing with the Howard exodus IMHO.

It actually intrigues me that the guy who found gems like Vucevic, Harris, Payton, was/is interested in a dark horse like Porzingis. Rob,like him or not, clearly does more research than previous GMs. I know we fault him for the Nicholson pick or the Frye pickup, but for the most part Henny has been spot on. Doubters will soon begin to see the fruit of the rebuild once our young team gels with a seasoned coach like Skiles. Henny has done incredible dealing with the Howard exodus IMHO.

Drew wasn't a lottery pick. Lot harder to get that pic right. He was good his rookie year.

Wow at all of you debating if Rob wanted or didnt want Mario.

We didnt have 1 or 2 guys that we were interested in, but a lot more. Do you seriously think if Towns somehow got to pick #5, we wouldnt pick him? Draft is a list, not 1 or 2 players. We had our list, and when our time came, we looked at the top of our list and got the guy.

Of course we are not gonna say to Mario, sorry you were our 2nd, 3rd or 5th choice in the draft. Only relevant thing is that he was the guy we wanted when it was our turn.

Some of you just seem to look for some kind of drama instead of enjoying the fact we got an awesome player, who will hopefully love the Magic and Orlando city more than you do. Stop playing the what if game and enjoy the moment and results as they are. There is no going back and changing anything.

• Upvote 1