Sign in to follow this  
joezmagic

MARIO HEZONJA

Super excited for the season to start. I'm taking a guarded approach to this whole "it's a new nba and everything's positionless now and you just play small ball and shoot threes because look what the warriors just did" thing, but when I see a wing player with shooting, athleticism, and competitiveness in a 6' 8" body it's hard not to be tantalized by the possibilities. I just pray they will take a measured approach bringing him along. I think they should attempt to re-sign Tobias, have him be the starter to begin the season, and then explore trades in the near future to open up a starting role for Mario sooner rather than later. Really don't want to give up Tobias for nothing, but I don't see him as a long-term player for the Magic. I strongly suspect he will be an empty numbers guy as a starter, but perhaps he can become a bench contributor to a good team down the line.

Probably not.

Around 2005 at the earliest, if I'm not mistaken.

I am pretty sure there was a debate on here between Okafor and Howard. I was on the okafor side, yeah I will admit it. bad choice. Howard still turned out to be a moron and did not lead us or any team to a championship. and never will!!!!

Se espera que Mario Hezonja finalice su 'buyout' con el FC Barcelona, como muy pronto, mañana lunes. twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins

Buyout expected to be complete tomorrow

Se espera que Mario Hezonja finalice su 'buyout' con el FC Barcelona, como muy pronto, mañana lunes. twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins

Buyout expected to be complete tomorrow

Josh clarified and said it can completed as early as Monday. We'll see.

I just want to see him in 1-2 games with Elf and AG.

I am pretty sure there was a debate on here between Okafor and Howard. I was on the okafor side, yeah I will admit it. bad choice. Howard still turned out to be a moron and did not lead us or any team to a championship. and never will!!!!

Might have been the espn message boards. That's where everything was back in 04. It was horribly run though

I'm actually really proud that I was on the Howard side of that argument. People wanted Okafor, but my argument was you knew what Okafor was bringing. Howard was 6'11" and could jump out of the building, came from a grounded family (we now realize it softened and spoiled him), and had the potential to put on a ton of weight.

I feel bad to Emeka. It's not even a competition anymore. I wonder if the same will be said of Okafor/Anthony-Towns one day...

Are there any other 1-2 picks in the last decade that has turned out to be so one-sided? Only one I can think of is Oden-Durant.

I'm actually really proud that I was on the Howard side of that argument. People wanted Okafor, but my argument was you knew what Okafor was bringing. Howard was 6'11" and could jump out of the building, came from a grounded family (we now realize it softened and spoiled him), and had the potential to put on a ton of weight.

I feel bad to Emeka. It's not even a competition anymore. I wonder if the same will be said of Okafor/Anthony-Towns one day...

Are there any other 1-2 picks in the last decade that has turned out to be so one-sided? Only one I can think of is Oden-Durant.

Rose-Beasley off the top of my head