Sign in to follow this  
joezmagic

MARIO HEZONJA

I'm so happy. I don't think, in all my history of draft-watching, the teams I like have ever drafted the exact player I wanted

This was my thought. I had to go back to Dwight Howard. Than Mike Miller before then. This gets the excitement level up to a new notch.

We needed this.

And of course we will all be collectively holding our breath till his buy-out with FC Barcelona is finalized (even though it looks like both Henny and Mario are confident it will happen fairly soon).

So, obviously, the next question is...what number does he wear for us? Looks like he's worn 23 and 8.

1435325979[/url]' post='1010610']

And of course we will all be collectively holding our breath till his buy-out with FC Barcelona is finalized (even though it looks like both Henny and Mario are confident it will happen fairly soon).

So, obviously, the next question is...what number does he wear for us? Looks like he's worn 23 and 8.

With his swag and confidence I think he should go with 23

Our guys are going to benefit so much having a guy like Hezonja. Payton will actually have a guy that will hit shots when he passes to him. Oladipo will be able to force things a little less often and should become more efficient. Also, driving lanes!

Not that Hezonja is going to jump in and be our first option or anything, but he's an offensive guy who is comfortable looking to score and that's something we lacked.

I feel like Mario fits in with this team perfectly. Scott Skiles is going to utilize our youth to make us an up-tempo team with a defense first mentality. Mario is already good at defense when he is locked in, and has the upside to be great on that end. He is very athletic as well and is a GREAT shooter which we desperately need. He will finally help us spread the floor a little bit, while also giving us another scoring option. I felt like a lot of games last season were lost down the stretch due to the fact the Magic didn't have many scoring options, so we slowly got behind in most 3rd and 4th quarters. Also Tyler Harvey is another great offensive pickup that has potential to be really good for our 2nd and 3rd unit if he improves his handles. Really excited about this years draft.

Go get your Hezonja jersey! Looks like he'll be wearing #1.

Team Shop

He may end up choosing 1, but they just put that number as a placeholder since he's the team's first round pick.

He may end up choosing 1, but they just put that number as a placeholder since he's the team's first round pick.

Makes sense. Looks good though. Never know if they asked him last night what number he's thinking of wearing.

Based on team history with the number and what his confidence says, he should probably wear 1