Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

WTCS VS Porzingis

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want? WTCS or Porzingis

• Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Kristraps Porsingis

the more I read, the more I feel we are getting a big man to pair with Vuch.

I do want Mairio, but I see Willie or Porzingis in our future. It will matter, which player is available. I just need to wrap my head around one of these two players. It will be a big man. I think they look at the starting line up and see Frye/Dedmon, then say.... "We need an upgrade!"

I also feel they view Gordon as a SF. Thus, I dont see Mo Harkless here long term.

Willie's Pros

The Best Defender in the draft. A real rim protector. We become a top ten defense.

Super athlete. Cat quick and Elite Hops

Improved Mid range shooting

Can guard everyone (1-5)

7'1" Height

Willie's Cons

Shooting range. Increases team spacing issues

Motor (Runs Hot and Cold on effort/focus)

Passing

Zinger Pros

Shooting range and ability. Improves our spacing and scoring

Upside

Length (Super Long)

7'1" Height

Can guard the new nba forwards

Zinger Cons

Toughness and rebounding (Cotton Soft)

Awareness

Passing

If there is only Willie Cauley-Stein and Kristraps Porzingis, who are you taking?

Well, if it's one or the other I'm taking Porzingis, easily.

2 offensive big men and neither that good at defense...

Give me WCS and let him focus on Defense. Continue to develop Vuch's game. That is the best way to pair the duo, not to match him with a guy with similar strengths (ie: the offensive side of the ball)

2 offensive big men and neither that good at defense...

Give me WCS and let him focus on Defense. Continue to develop Vuch's game. That is the best way to pair the duo, not to match him with a guy with similar strengths (ie: the offensive side of the ball)

You literally only think that because he played at Kentucky. Try being a little unbiased.

You literally only think that because he played at Kentucky. Try being a little unbiased.

You literally only dislike WCS because you look at his stat sheet and base your opinion solely on that. Try not being so narrow minded.

I will take a guy that I know what I am going to get vs a kid who we don't know enough about. Yes, he shoots well but his post game is not that great.

You cannot convince me that he runs the floor better than WCS. You cannot convince me he is a better athlete than WCS. You cannot convince me he is better on defense than WCS.

So why is everyone so in love with him? Just because he shoots the ball and he is young. I believe that defense is the #1 issue with this team because I believe all of our players can, will, and currently are developing their shot to be more consistent. Because I believe defense is our main concern. I want the best defensive player in the draft. That is WCS. People are in love with Zingis because they imagine the PNR with Payton...however with the consistency that I have seen with WCS shot during his pre-draft workouts...I don't think a WCS PNR with Payton isn't a bad option either.

However, if you tell me we can find a defensive big man better than WCS by drafting down and acquiring through trade or FA than I am all ears. If we want to draft offense, then I am on board for Mario. However, I believe we need defense more than offense. Which is why I am choosing WCS.

The question was who is the best pair for Vuch is Zingis and WCS are on the board. I find it hard to believe that you think that Zingis/Vuch is a better duo than WCS/Vuch.

You literally only dislike WCS because you look at his stat sheet and base your opinion solely on that. Try not being so narrow minded.

I will take a guy that I know what I am going to get vs a kid who we don't know enough about. Yes, he shoots well but his post game is not that great.

You cannot convince me that he runs the floor better than WCS. You cannot convince me he is a better athlete than WCS. You cannot convince me he is better on defense than WCS.

So why is everyone so in love with him? Just because he shoots the ball and he is young. I believe that defense is the #1 issue with this team because I believe all of our players can, will, and currently are developing their shot to be more consistent. Because I believe defense is our main concern. I want the best defensive player in the draft. That is WCS.

However, if you tell me we can find a defensive big man better than WCS by drafting down and acquiring through trade or FA than I am all ears. If we want to draft offense, then I am on board for Mario. However, I believe we need defense more than offense. Which is why I am choosing WCS.

The question was who is the best pair for Vuch is Zingis and WCS are on the board. I find it hard to believe that you think that Zingis/Vuch is a better duo than WCS/Vuch.

It's not like there's a huge correlation between a baseline college production and production in the nba or anything. If you can show me one player in the history of college basketball that averaged 7ppg his junior year and had a career worthy of a top 5 draft pick please present him.

It's not like there's a huge correlation between a baseline college production and production in the nba or anything. If you can show me one player in the history of college basketball that averaged 7ppg his junior year and had a career worthy of a top 5 draft pick please present him.

Again with the rookie level investigation...why is it so hard to imagine that the reason WCS didn't score more than 7pts was because he was never the guy who was asked to score? Please tell me why it is so difficult for you to grasp this...

Rookie year -- Noel, Wiltjer, Goodwin, Mays, Harrow -- all offensive options before WCS

Sophomore year -- An. Harrison, Aa. Harrison, Young, Randle -- all offensive options before WCS

Junior year -- An. Harrison, Aa. Harrison, Towns, Booker, Lyles, Ulis -- all offensive options before WCS

So when you are the 5th-6th-7th option...you're going to score less and focus on your craft...defense. You're not going to draft WCS for his offensive game which I have said about a hundred times. You draft him for defense and you develop the offense which the workouts have shown is there, but your dislike for him has blinded you to that.

Again with the rookie level investigation...why is it so hard to imagine that the reason WCS didn't score more than 7pts was because he was never the guy who was asked to score? Please tell me why it is so difficult for you to grasp this...

Rookie year -- Noel, Wiltjer, Goodwin, Mays, Harrow -- all offensive options before WCS

Sophomore year -- An. Harrison, Aa. Harrison, Young, Randle -- all offensive options before WCS

Junior year -- An. Harrison, Aa. Harrison, Towns, Booker, Lyles, Ulis -- all offensive options before WCS

So when you are the 5th-6th-7th option...you're going to score less and focus on your craft...defense. You're not going to draft WCS for his offensive game which I have said about a hundred times. You draft him for defense and you develop the offense which the workouts have shown is there, but your dislike for him has blinded you to that.

IF YOU ARE THE SEVENTH OPTION IN COLLEGE YOU ARE GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE OPTION IN THE PROS AND DESTROY ANY SENSE OF OFFENSE. SEE BISMACK BIYOMBO.

I treat wcs the same way I would kaminski. Sure they're great on one end if the floor. But if they're so bad on the other end that they can't even pay, what's the point in drafting then early.

IF YOU ARE THE SEVENTH OPTION IN COLLEGE YOU ARE GOING TO BE A TERRIBLE OPTION IN THE PROS AND DESTROY ANY SENSE OF OFFENSE. SEE BISMACK BIYOMBO.

Agreed. This guy spent 3 years in college and there was never any buzz about him, compared to his teammates.

I mean, we get it. You're all about Kentucky. You legit posted about how liggins was a decent pick because "he's becoming a good role player for okc"

You've suggested that we should draft practically every single Kentucky player over the past few years.

I'm surprised you haven't floated Ashley judd as a dark horse second round pick.

I will say that I feel willie's stats are low because of the level of talent on the team and his team role.

I will say that I feel willie's stats are low because of the level of talent on the team and his team role.

If he was a freshman I could totally buy that. But three years?