MAGICmanSAM

Welcome Home Coach Scott Skiles!

Heard some stuff about the hire last night when I was out some Magic buddies. The press conference was for the most part, true. Ownership came to Rob after JV was fired and basically said, "we let you pick Jacque, but now we want you to talk to the guy we want - Scott Skiles. Let's compare notes after and you if you want someone else, thats fine."

:svgsad:

Very discouraging if true.

I still think Skiles can do well here though. A big risk but it seems we didn't have too many good options. Good luck Skiles.

:svgsad:/>

Very discouraging if true.

I still think Skiles can do well here though. A big risk but it seems we didn't have too many good options. Good luck Skiles.

Why is it discouraging? The Magic brass did not force rob into the hire. If Rob didn't want him, he would have told them why he wanted to go in a different direction.

I'd be interested to know what the money is like on this contract.

I think it's ~4mm a year for 3 years with an option on year 4.

Why is it discouraging? The Magic brass did not force rob into the hire. If Rob didn't want him, he would have told them why he wanted to go in a different direction.

This I do beleive to be true, the only thing I continue to wonder about, with all the waiting and everything..........did he have any discussion with Thibbs?

Did he (Hennie) decide on Skiles before or after the Bulls FO pulled the plug?

It really isn't that important, it is just one of those variables!!

This I do beleive to be true, the only thing I continue to wonder about, with all the waiting and everything..........did he have any discussion with Thibbs?

Did he (Hennie) decide on Skiles before or after the Bulls FO pulled the plug?

It really isn't that important, it is just one of those variables!!

You could ask the Pelicans the same thing. They had a shot at Thibs and hired Gentry instead. I think Thibs is going to wait for a better job to open up next year.

You could ask the Pelicans the same thing. They had a shot at Thibs and hired Gentry instead. I think Thibs is going to wait for a better job to open up next year.

This is exactly the case. Thibs will be able to get a much better job next year. Would make no sense for him to take the Orlando job and even the NO job for that matter.

Honestly I'm just more surprised that NO didnt hire Jeff Van Gundy. I'd take him over Gentry any day. But it seems like the Pels decision makers want to play that pace and space type game on offense.

Honestly I'm just more surprised that NO didnt hire Jeff Van Gundy. I'd take him over Gentry any day. But it seems like the Pels decision makers want to play that pace and space type game on offense.

I see it more as their GM not wanting to hire someone that could potentially get more power than him in a year, or 2.

He may wait 2 years. He is getting paid by the bulls for two year or until someone pays him equal or more money. Why work, when your getting paid for nothing. He may be asking for 7-8 mil per year, because he is getting 4.5 for doing nothing.