MAGICmanSAM

Welcome Home Coach Scott Skiles!

This may seem minor but I love how Skiles is all "we" and "our" already.

Yes, also love the shout out for JB by Alex.. he deserves it and did a great job for us, considering the circumstances.

He's either very political or is someone who legitimately believes in a team mentality for everything. He also refused to comment on individual players because he wanted to have his first interaction to be with them and not through the press.

At the very least, he's proving to be someone whom sounds like he is a good relationship coach who holds his players accountable.

Really Bianchi?! Had to bring up Thibs in front of Skiles, haha.

Someone had to ask it. It's only fitting it would be Bianchi.

This may seem minor but I love how Skiles is all "we" and "our" already.

Yes, also love the shout out for JB by Alex.. he deserves it and did a great job for us, considering the circumstances.

EDIT: Okay. I'm thrilled with this hire simply based on Scott's reaction Bianchi stepping up to the microphone alone. :shard:/>

That was awesome!

Overall, I'm impressed. We know he knows how to coach, so this isn't JV all over again where we're like "Great philosophy - can he coach?" Rather this was "Good Coach - will he have a good relationship with players?"

I don't seem him having rifts with players. Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't see it if the person who was on the podium shows up each day.

Overall, I'm impressed. We know he knows how to coach, so this isn't JV all over again where we're like "Great philosophy - can he coach?" Rather this was "Good Coach - will he have a good relationship with players?"

I don't seem him having rifts with players. Perhaps I'm naive, but I just don't see it if the person who was on the podium shows up each day.

I couldn't agree more. I think it is safe to say that the time off has refreshed him, perhaps we're getting Skiles at just the right time. All I know is pass me the kool aid, b/c I thought his press conference was extremely impressive, at least as much as one of these can be. Alex and Rob seemed genuine to me that this was Rob's decision as well. Unless Rob is the ultimate company guy and both Rob & Alex should think about acting on a professional basis.

Also, Skiles bringing the humor a little bit! Post-game press conferences may become must-viewing again.

I think the thing with Skiles is, can he stay within himself once the time off wears off, pressures of the job fall on his shoulders again one year in, two years in? We'll have to wait and see on that.

My final conclusion on the whole Thibs thing is that Henny got himself so enthralled with the prospect of hiring Skiles, he really didn't think it was worth getting into the Thbs melodrama, waiting out the Bulls to fire him, etc. He was just content with getting Scott. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Henny would have hired Skiles over Phil Jackson straight up at this point.

EDIT: Didn't notice I passed 8000 posts.. and only a few hundred of them spam. :shard:

The one thing he doesn't have to worry about with this team is prima donnas. Our young guys don't have large egos and genuinely seem hungry to win and willing to work. In that sense, this could be a good match. Skiles also has an edge of cockiness to him that I like and I could see it rubbing off on our guys in a positive way. One things for sure, ratings for the post game show will be much higher this season...this guy is guaranteed to have some great press conferences.

Meh...

This is a company hire. Devos hire. If it works great. But with Thibs out there you do all you can for him. Rob looked slightly uncomfortable during the presser if you ask me.