MAGICmanSAM

Welcome Home Coach Scott Skiles!

Hinting that they'll try to hit a home run in FA next year with cap going up...that's a breath of fresh air. Even if they don't hit a home run next year, it's great to know they are aware and want us to know.

Unless we think Orlando can woo Durant, I'm not sure what home run is going to be available in 2016. (And I don't see Durant coming here when he could go to Washington and play with Wall and Beal, or stay in OKC and play with Westbrook and Ibaka, a situation he seems to like.

Just to lighten the mood... Since a new head coach has cultural ramifications beyond the realm of basketball, here's a great article from the Orlando Weekly revealing Scott Skiles's career as an esteemed Hollywood actor: http://photos.orlandoweekly.com/scott-skiles-or-michael-rooker-how-well-do-you-know-the-orlando-magics-new-coach/#1

mallrats-chocolate-covered-pretzel.jpg

They're a little melty, but damn are they delicious.

Welcome Scott Skiles!

• Upvote 2

Unless we think Orlando can woo Durant, I'm not sure what home run is going to be available in 2016. (And I don't see Durant coming here when he could go to Washington and play with Wall and Beal, or stay in OKC and play with Westbrook and Ibaka, a situation he seems to like.

We could go after Ryan Anderson, Dwight Howard, Courtney Lee, Matt Barnes, and Beno Udrih.

Donovan and Gentry have both hired their top assistant now but still no word on any assistants for Skiles. Wonder if we're waiting on JB to decide whether to stay on here. (He's apparently considering multiple offers)

Donovan and Gentry have both hired their top assistant now but still no word on any assistants for Skiles. Wonder if we're waiting on JB to decide whether to stay on here. (He's apparently considering multiple offers)

Yes Skiles is waiting on JB.. gave him a few days to check w family, other offers, etc. Won't make any moves until he hears back from JB.

Thunder have apparently talked to JB about joining there staff.

I hope he sticks with Skiles and our players. Igor too.

Thunder have apparently talked to JB about joining there staff.

Would be smarter for him to go to OKC. Looks far better on your resume especially if you believe Billy will be a great HC.