LaVar

Welcome Scott Skiles?

You know, it's hard to win an NBA title and much more than the coach goes into that. There's some pretty good coaches out there that don't have a ring, doesn't make them bad coaches.

True. And it is likely that no one we could hire would win us a title. Like I said elsewhere, maybe Skiles will be out Mark Jackson

I don't know about that. He had the Bucks roster with Jennings, Salmons and Bogut as a top 10 offense and the top Defense.

As much as Kidd did not get along with him (and apparently his wife) in PHO, he was excellent there.

Most coaches are either one or the other - offense or defense. While Skiles is clearly defense, his offenses are not exactly bad. I feel like he may really love the guys that the Magic assembled here. These guys are already hard workers, so it's not like he is dealing with divas like he had to in the past.

skiles has never had a team top 10 in offensive efficiency

skiles has never had a team top 10 in offensive efficiency

Thats because the team was broken up. So if you look up the numbers for the year, you are correct. My point is he had that team playing at a top 10 offensive level and then injuries and trades happened. This is why he "hated" the Bucks roster.

I honestly don't see why people are so against Skiles being the coach. He's shown that he can take a team and make them better; that's what we need right now. He never had the roster to make a deep playoff run. The fact that he has a winning record with some of the teams he's coached says something to me. We can always fire him if he doesn't pan out; I don't see what the problem is.

I honestly don't see why people are so against Skiles being the coach. He's shown that he can take a team and make them better; that's what we need right now. He never had the roster to make a deep playoff run. The fact that he has a winning record with some of the teams he's coached says something to me. We can always fire him if he doesn't pan out; I don't see what the problem is.

Really this - he took a Chicago team and molded them back into a legitimate threat. I'd say they still have a little of that unselfish, defensive mind that he instilled.

I'd love to have Skiles here.

Yeah I agree. Im good with it. Don't feel like trading a top pick for Thibs and I think Skiles is better at X's and O's than any other coach being tossed around.

He runs an uptempo offense and focuses on defending the 3 point line and the rim. Those are 3 things we HAVE to be doing to win.

• Upvote 1

Who?

You can't have that name and not know the history of the team. It's only been around since 1989.

• Upvote 2