LaVar

Welcome Scott Skiles?

I was a bit skeptical about skiles. I knew he was very good with Xs and Os. I thought he was someone that players did not like, but I saw it was both good and bad. Players dont like some of his rules but not his attitude. (No headband type stuff.)

What changed my mind that he will be a good coach was seeing the teams he had. His best team was the suns with kid, matrix, cliff Robertson, penny. and rex Chapman.

The funny thing to me is that we have the begins of simulator talent:

Kidd - Payton

Penny (1 leg hardway) - Victor (combo guard)

Rex Chapman - (Mario?)

Matrix - Gordon

Dudley - Dedmon

Cliff Robertson - vuch (wash)

He had a lot of teams with little talent and got them to play good. He had a bucks team projected worse to make the playoffs.

He was the one that had chris duhon playing like a good player.... lol

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Scott_Skiles

O my God... He went 49 and 33 with this team... Say what?

35 Malik Allen PF 6-10 255

11 Andre Barrett PG 5-10 172

42 P.J. Brown PF 6-11 225

9 Luol Deng SF 6-9 220

21 Chris Duhon PG 6-1 185

7 Ben Gordon SG 6-3 200

44 Adrian Griffin SF 6-5 217

12 Kirk Hinrich PG 6-3 190

38 Viktor Khryapa PF 6-9 210

5 Andres Nocioni PF 6-7 225

2 Thabo Sefolosha SG 6-5 215

50 Mike Sweetney C 6-8 275

24 Tyrus Thomas PF 6-9 215

Ben Wallace

(I dont need to tell you that there is not much talent. We have better talent now with no 5 round pick and cap space.)

I'm on board.

This thread should be locked until there is a official announcement

Your funny

Stating what changed my mind about him as likely coach.

I think what really changed your mind is the desire to not be bad anymore and the hope that "maybe this time he will be different"

He's been pretty good every time he's coached. Once he gets us to the playoffs next year everyone will come around, you included.

He's been pretty good every time he's coached. Once he gets us to the playoffs next year everyone will come around, you included.

Just like every fan of the other teams he coached "came around," right?

Yeah we will get better, and then make the playoffs. And then, if history repeats itself, we won't make the playoffs and everybody will want him gone

his record since his first two years is poor

he has shown no ability to develop offensive talent

I don't know about that. He had the Bucks roster with Jennings, Salmons and Bogut as a top 10 offense and the top Defense.

As much as Kidd did not get along with him (and apparently his wife) in PHO, he was excellent there.

Most coaches are either one or the other - offense or defense. While Skiles is clearly defense, his offenses are not exactly bad. I feel like he may really love the guys that the Magic assembled here. These guys are already hard workers, so it's not like he is dealing with divas like he had to in the past.

• Upvote 1

Just like every fan of the other teams he coached "came around," right?

Yeah we will get better, and then make the playoffs. And then, if history repeats itself, we won't make the playoffs and everybody will want him gone

You know, it's hard to win an NBA title and much more than the coach goes into that. There's some pretty good coaches out there that don't have a ring, doesn't make them bad coaches.

I don't know about that. He had the Bucks roster with Jennings, Salmons and Bogut as a top 10 offense and the top Defense.

As much as Kidd did not get along with him (and apparently his wife) in PHO, he was excellent there.

Most coaches are either one or the other - offense or defense. While Skiles is clearly defense, his offenses are not exactly bad. I feel like he may really love the guys that the Magic assembled here. These guys are already hard workers, so it's not like he is dealing with divas like he had to in the past.

The last paragraph is the truth. This team is built for a coach like Skiles. He's probably at amway right now begging for a chance to coach these guys.