LaVar

Mario Hezonja ?

Who should we get with the 5th pick? (2015)   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we get with the 5th Pick? (2015)

• Mario Hezonja
    • Willie Cauley-Stein
    • Justise Winslow
    • Porzingis
    • Myles Turner
    • Stanley Johnson

The Mario love around NBA fan bases is like something I haven't seen in quite some time. It's like every fan base from 5-12 wants him. Kind of funny.

The Mario love around NBA fan bases is like something I haven't seen in quite some time. It's like every fan base from 5-12 wants him. Kind of funny.

He is the most athletic European to ever come out. I am personally convinced he will be a star. If he is available, and we miss out on him, it will haunt us badly. its almost too good to be true. He can be our go to scorer that stretches the floor for payton, vic and vuch, provides highlights and fits our current team. I mean, What! are you serious?!...

Nice lines ups like:

vuch

gordon

mario

vick

payton

vuch

harris

mario

evan

payton

vuch

Gordon

harris

mario

vic/payton

The fact that he is big and athletic means he can play both wing spots and allow us to have alot of line up choices.

What star potential does Porzingis present? You say Winslow doesn't present star potential so I'm just curious what you see in Porzingis that truly makes him a star. Simply because he's a 7 footer that has range? Donatas Motiejunas, Myers Leonard, Andrea Bargnani all fit that bill and they're far from stars. Yea, Bargani had a couple solid years but his defense was always terrible and he never even averaged over .5 bpg.

Also, again, you can't just say "he's young he can put on muscle." Porzingis has one of the narrowest frames I've ever seen and I mean ever. There isn't much he can do to that in terms of truly bulking up and getting bigger. Sure he can tone up his body some but that guys genetics are not going to let him ever explode like Dwight Howard did.

Our biggest issues other than perimeter shooting is our atrocious interior D. It's beyond me how anyone on this forum can actually sit here and say they would be okay with a froncourt of Vuch and Porz. Even If I liked Porz, I absolutely hate the fit with our team. Not to mention the guy is going to be a bigger project than AG.

I don't think Winslow doesn't have star potential, just that Henzonja and Porzingas could become better. Winslow is also small, which is only a concern for me because the Magic would then be undersized at three positions with Oladipo, Winslow, and Gordon.

I understand the frame issues with Porzingas, and it's one of the bigger concerns I have with him. But, I listed those three other players to point out that even with his thin frame he could be effective. He could be a really good help defender near the basket, and he has really good movement and quickness that other seven footers don't have. His one-on-one defense would be a concern against bigger power forwards, but I think he will be able to fill out, because there's a solid chance his body isn't done developing at age 19.

I said previously, and still believe, Henzonja has the better talent and higher ceiling. His issue is attitude and discipline.

I just think the amount of shade being thrown Porzingas' way on this board is a bit much when he could very easily be the pick, as well as Winslow and Henzonja.

People know that you need somewhat elite 3 pt shooting to win in this league and Hezonja has a killer release. Everybody knows that it's easier to get hustle guys in free agency than super talented guys. To me it would be a no brainer, even if he has all the daddy issues in the world. You gotta take a risk sometime. If we get another non shooter we might end up like Memphis and max out as a scrappy team

I don't think Winslow doesn't have star potential, just that Henzonja and Porzingas could become better. Winslow is also small, which is only a concern for me because the Magic would then be undersized at three positions with Oladipo, Winslow, and Gordon.

I understand the frame issues with Porzingas, and it's one of the bigger concerns I have with him. But, I listed those three other players to point out that even with his thin frame he could be effective. He could be a really good help defender near the basket, and he has really good movement and quickness that other seven footers don't have. His one-on-one defense would be a concern against bigger power forwards, but I think he will be able to fill out, because there's a solid chance his body isn't done developing at age 19.

I said previously, and still believe, Henzonja has the better talent and higher ceiling. His issue is attitude and discipline.

I just think the amount of shade being thrown Porzingas' way on this board is a bit much when he could very easily be the pick, as well as Winslow and Henzonja.

Fair enough. And I wasn't trying to come off like I thought you liking him was stupid or anything I just wanted to see what other see in him that I don't.

He is the most athletic European to ever come out. I am personally convinced he will be a star. If he is available, and we miss out on him, it will haunt us badly. its almost too good to be true. He can be our good to scorer that stretches the floor for payton, vic and vuch, provides highlights and fits our current team. I mean, What! are you serious?!...

Nice lines ups like:

vuch

gordon

mario

vick

payton

vuch

harris

mario

evan

payton

vuch

Gordon

harris

mario

vic/payton

The fact that he is big and athletic means he can play both wing spots and allow us to have alot of line up choices.

It is almost to good to be true and that's why I just don't feel like we will draft him. It rarely works out to where my team in any sport drafts the player I want so maybe that's just the pessimistic person in me.

I do think with regardless of who we draft this team needs to chase a big free agent this year but I'll save that talk for another day/thread.

Fair enough. And I wasn't trying to come off like I thought you liking him was stupid or anything I just wanted to see what other see in him that I don't.

Sure. I mean, he's definitely a wild card. But that's why the best players aren't always the first pick. The team will know more after they have their team workouts and player interviews. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Mario is ranked as the overall best shooter in the draft. He is also NBA ready and plays a position of need for us. The number also so that Mario is great at working in a system because of catch and shoot states. Again, we will have payton and vick handling the ball. If mario is a black hole, great. We need aggressive shooters who can make shots.

If he is there, pull the trigger. I am getting mad thinking about us passing him up.

Here is another scouting video

no excuses henni