Mauro Pedrosa

2015 NBA Playoffs Thread

Bad night for David Blatt. First he tries to call a timeout when he has none left and gets lucky. Then Lebron changes the play call on the last play and sinks the game winner (original play had 'Bron in bounding why? I have no idea.)

True

On the bright side, there's a slight chance hack-a-whoever might be done after last night's game.

Yeah. I don't think it makes sense other than a last ditch effort to make a large comeback.

Yeah. I don't think it makes sense other than a last ditch effort to make a large comeback.

The only time I ever saw it work was Magic-Lakers after Dwight left and I feel like had a lot of factors which made it work beyond just the hack-a strategy.

The only time I ever saw it work was Magic-Lakers after Dwight left and I feel like had a lot of factors which made it work beyond just the hack-a strategy.

Right. Essentially you're betting that you're better off with extended possessions which is saying that you're offense is better than the freethrow shooter plus whatever offense the other team can muster between hacks.

You also have a limited number of times you can effectively hack someone without putting important players in foul trouble.

I think you're also limiting your own offense by hacking as a significant number of points each game are generated in transition or in the ensuing chaos (the spurs were hurt by this last series).

When it's effective is during the end of games (foul whoever to get the ball back with time) or in the case of that one Lakers game foul Dwight to extend the game and give us time to come back because it's not like we're winning this game any other way. That was basically an extended version of the end of game fouling.

I don't think it makes sense to do it in the first quarter though

They are. They're just a cute little team like Indiana was. They aren't killers. They seem more focused on beating LeBron like the entire conference has then winning a championship. It almost seems like other teams mail it in for the other half of the season because they're scared as hell of a LeBron led team. That's why on the Western Conference forums, fans say that the east atrocious. Just absolutely no winners but LeBron in the east. I believe there's winners in the East but they don't work hard enough. Simply don't.

To me, the 3 best teams still in competition are the Clippers, Grizzlies and Warriors, which is sad since only 1 can make the finals.

The Hawks-Wizards series is one of the least interesting I can remember