Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

Read up on some of the stuff that went down with Jackson in GS, I don't want him anywhere near our organisation.

The difference between that situation and our situation would be the fact that Jackson would be an assistant coach and under the wisdom of Doug Collins and what I assume is strong leadership of Thibs. He wouldn't be calling the shots, but mainly there to learn to be a head coach, while providing Orlando with a coaching staff that can relate to players in 2015 and give us a little swagger. It may sound dumb, but that is important to have in today's game.

For its worth I was listening to NBA radio this morning and the host say Thibs is headed to Orlando. They had on a Chicago beat writer who said he's 95% gone and Orlando is his most likely landing spot. Like I said take it with a grain of salt but they did mention it a few times.

I will believe it when I see it

So you're a Bulls fan then? I don't understand why you are lobbying for us to trade an asset? That said, they can have Frye I suppose.

Bulls by birth, Magic by living. :tongue: But thats wasn't the point.

Trading Frye isn't a bad idea since he doesn't fit well in the roster despite his strong perimeter shooting and dismal defense (similar to Dirk Nowitzki).

The main thing I am trying to point out here is that if a team lets a person walk on their own, does the team get anything in return? Nope. They get a pile of nothing.

Think about what would have happened if Dwight went to UFA back in 2013, Magic would have nothing in return. Good thing a trade happen and the Magic received Vuc in the 4 team trade.

Let say if Harris agree a deal with the Knicks during his RFA and the Magic doesn't match. What do you think will happen?

Ask yourselves the question, is it better to have win-win situation or a complete loss? Give it some time to sink in and doesn't require a whole lot of thinking.

Figured this should have it's own thread now that the 'Strapped In' thread for this last season is winding down.

Orlando Magic Coaching Search: Initial List

Tom Thibodeau

Mike Malone

Scott Skiles

Alvin Gentry (if he decides to leave GSW)

James Borrego

Mark Jackson

Mike D’Antoni

Nate McMillan

Scott Brooks (if fired)

Fred Hoiberg (has major health issues, but could replace Tom Thibadeau if he leaves Chi)

Lawrence Frank

Lindsey Hunter

Kevin Ollie

Tony Bennett

Ettore Messina

Ron Adams

Kaleb Canales

I'll make cross outs from the lists as updates start coming in.

If we can trade Vuc and possibly Harris for Cousins and then bring in Malone, plus retain that draft pick and get some more shooting in free agency - I think we could be looking at a playoff team.

Thibs would be awesome.....

If not, some of you say Mark Jackson? I was reading about him and even though he had success in GS, the entire franchise hated him. The only thing I have to judge on is the turnaround GS made on his watch and Kerr reaping the benefits. Was that Mark or the GS FO?.

Malone to me would be 2nd place.

But Thibs... Oh man..... That would be awesome.

No to D'Antoni and McMillan

Put Larry Drew and John Calipari (if interested in leaving UK) in the Mix.

Oh add David Vanterpool from the Portland Trailblazer's coaching staff. He is reported to be in the pool of candidates for the Nuggets.