Soul Bro

Official Head Coach Search Thread

ELFRIDMVP is officially kicking off this coaching thread and will keep it updated:

Figured this should have it's own thread now that the 'Strapped In' thread for this last season is winding down.

Orlando Magic Coaching Search: Initial List

Tom Thibodeau

Mike Malone

Scott Skiles

Alvin Gentry (if he decides to leave GSW)

James Borrego

Mark Jackson

Mike D’Antoni

Nate McMillan

Scott Brooks (if fired)

Fred Hoiberg (has major health issues, but could replace Tom Thibadeau if he leaves Chi)

Lawrence Frank

Lindsey Hunter

Kevin Ollie

Tony Bennett

Ettore Messina

Ron Adams

Kaleb Canales

I'll make cross outs from the lists as updates start coming in.

Moreover, I have merged the Donovan thread. - Soul

The Denver Nuggets and Orlando Magic are the only NBA teams currently employing an interim coach, but sources say both of those clubs plan to have Donovan on their list of targets once they began more expansive coaching searches after completing their respective regular-season schedules in April. Donovan is also likely to be pursued by teams that make changes after the regular season or playoffs.

The links between Donovan and Orlando are inevitable after the 49-year-old agreed to take the Magic coaching job in 2007 and then backed out almost immediately to stay at Florida. No longer is Donovan barred from considering NBA offers as he was from 2007-08 through 2012-13, after he agreed to a noncompete clause spanning five years in exchange for being released from the contract he signed with the Magic.

http://espn.go.com/m...fseason-sources

Every Donovan to the nba story was planted by his agent in order to get leverage for this new deal

Though I shocked his buyout is only $500,000

Considering they just extended him through 2020 I highly doubt he's leaving UF.

He's definitely not leaving this year for the Magic. He's not the type to leave on such a low note.

Considering they just extended him through 2020 I highly doubt he's leaving UF.

After this past season, growing sentiment is that he is open to leaving. Don't think he would leave for this situation though

Also I don't think we should be looking at him, honestly

After this past season, growing sentiment is that he is open to leaving. Don't think he would leave for this situation though

Also I don't think we should be looking at him, honestly

ROFL, what? What about this season makes you think he'd go elsewhere? He's had to rebuild before. After the 04 crew we were NIT bound for a few years. Then we went elite 8, elite 8, elite 8, final 4(none of those seniors are in the NBA today).

Edit: ****, he might go. He better go the Magic if he does. The main issue is people don't truly appreciate him here in the Ville. Billy the kid loves accolades; even with the ships basketball is still an afterthought for people around these parts.

ROFL, what? What about this season makes you think he'd go elsewhere? He's had to rebuild before. After the 04 crew we were NIT bound for a few years. Then we went elite 8, elite 8, elite 8, final 4(none of those seniors are in the NBA today).

Edit: ****, he might go. He better go the Magic if he does. The main issue is people don't truly appreciate him here in the Ville. Billy the kid loves accolades; even with the ships basketball is still an afterthought for people around these parts.

lol you don't have to believe me. I want Billy to stay as much as anyone, but don't be surprised if he doesn't

And people not appreciating him has nothing to do with it

lol you don't have to believe me. I want Billy to stay as much as anyone, but don't be surprised if he doesn't

And people not appreciating him has nothing to do with it

I know; I'm just mad. He probably has too much drive to not go, but who knows? It'll be tough because he is by far my favorite coach of all time(he slightly edges out Spurrier). I have a few quotes from him on my cork board behind my desk here next to my Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes. If he goes to the Nuggets I'll have to boo him(I won't like it, but I'll have to do it. At least for the first year or so).