Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator2

It's time to start winning and quit talking about "potential"

The Magic are on the way to a 3rd straight season of having a winning percentage below 30%. Although there are signs of hope with the emergence of Vucevic, Oladipo and Payton, this team has got to take a big step forward next season to at least sniff a .500 record. If not, maybe it's time to start questioning the roster construction put together by Hennigan and/or the player development/strategies of the coaches Hennigan has chosen.

In my opinion, this team lacks an identity and lacks the toughness it takes to win. That normally starts with the coach and so I believe who is hired this offseason to be the new coach is going to become a "make or break" decision that could impact the next 5 years of the team's direction. This is the time for Hennigan to show whether he is really worthy of all of the hype surrounding him as a brilliant young general manager. I hope he's up to the task. As a Magic fan and season ticket holder since the team started in 1989, I'm ready to start getting excited about my team again. It's nice that they play hard in stretches but it's time to "Just Win Baby".

• Upvote 2

Son, Space God loves you regardless of the ennui you're feeling.

Never feel like you have to shout into the vast, uncaring universe hoping for someone, anyone to pay attention to you. You are loved by Space God, as you are my child.

In the future, just be confident in your own importance in the eyes of the Space Maker, and don't start frivolous threads for attention when there is already an offseason thread about literally this exact topic.

• Upvote 3

While it would take a monumental screw up of a head coach hire, if this team is anywhere near the same record next year then Hennigan is gone. Even as pessimistic as I am about this team, I don't expect that to happen

Lol no

No lol... yes. Harkless, Nichloson, FAs, JVG all have not worked out to what we would of liked to see. These are all on Henny too, he is the Captain of this dredded ship.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No lol... yes. Harkless, Nichloson, FAs, JVG all have not worked out to what we would of liked to see. These are all on Henny too, he is the Captain of this dredded ship.

I think you're just being a pessimist

I think you're just being a pessimist

A realist.

You cant honestly say that Henny doesnt deserve some of the root cause to our 3rd straight under 30 win season?

A realist.

You cant honestly say that Henny doesnt deserve some of the root cause to our 3rd straight under 30 win season?

Nope. Because I'm not a pessimist

I agree. I've been taking a beating for several years now on this forum saying that I think it's premature to give Henny credit for being a great GM. He's new, young, fresh face, everyone wants him to succeed but so far although making some good individual moves, the totality of what he's built is not close to where it needs to be. Now maybe it will come together in the next year or two but I think he's on the clock also if it doesn't.

Yeah, lets start winning now that there's 8 games left. Maybe we can work our way down from the 4/5 spot to the 6/7 spot in the draft. Go team!