Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I mean, it ended up crippling us financially. I know Otis made some other awful moves, but Shard was like the 2nd highest paid player in the league. That's pretty bad.

I also don't have the info in front of me this second, but I remember seriously questioning some moves Stan made for Detroit. He doesn't seem like a terrific economical mind, despite his knowledge of basketball.

Stan talks about that on the podcast

This team should be a lot more exciting to watch this year. The potential for explosive offense is there and we know the defense will be better. It could have a significant jump in wins IF the youth of the team can be overcome. If that happens it is a scary proposition for the league because we are loaded with young talent and actually have bench depth this season.

i doubt the league is the least bit scared of this team

i doubt the league is the least bit scared of this team

That may be the case before the season starts but after we whoop a few of the really good teams that will change. IMO later in the season we'll be going with a lineup of

Payton

Victor

Mario

Harris

Vuc

CJ

Fournier

AG

Smith or Frye

Dedmon

is going to be pretty hard to stop later in the season when everybody has gelled. Even our end of bench looks better than it did

I mean, it ended up crippling us financially. I know Otis made some other awful moves, but Shard was like the 2nd highest paid player in the league. That's pretty bad.

I also don't have the info in front of me this second, but I remember seriously questioning some moves Stan made for Detroit. He doesn't seem like a terrific economical mind, despite his knowledge of basketball.

His argument is basically paying a 17 million dollar player 20 million is much better than paying a 12 million dollar player 12 million. You don't win having good finances and worse players. And that shard wasn't coming here unless we gave him the money but it still should be considered a great signing because he showed up and we immediately became 10 wins better.

His argument is basically paying a 17 million dollar player 20 million is much better than paying a 12 million dollar player 12 million. You don't win having good finances and worse players. And that shard wasn't coming here unless we gave him the money but it still should be considered a great signing because he showed up and we immediately became 10 wins better.

Yup makes sense. If you win its worth it. Simple as that.

Yup makes sense. If you win its worth it. Simple as that.

And, in our particular situation, it never really hurt our flexibility.

Maybe we can say when a core is already in place it helps to overpay to push your team over the top. But if we were building a team from scratch it doesn't really make sense.

That may be the case before the season starts but after we whoop a few of the really good teams that will change. IMO later in the season we'll be going with a lineup of

Payton

Victor

Mario

Harris

Vuc

CJ

Fournier

AG

Smith or Frye

Dedmon

is going to be pretty hard to stop later in the season when everybody has gelled. Even our end of bench looks better than it did

ok even if they win 40 games....that is not something that scares the league

It's weird that we haven't seen Shabazz have a meeting with the press yet, wonder what's holding that up?

maybe making the team. we signed appling too and have harvey

It's weird that we haven't seen Shabazz have a meeting with the press yet, wonder what's holding that up?

He's probably on vacation. This is supposed to be the two weeks where nothing happens.

maybe making the team. we signed appling too and have harvey

You think we traded for a guy with guaranteed money and he's not making the team? Harvey doesn't have a contract and appling doesn't have a guaranteed deal.

Okay, thanks for the summary (I've been away from a computer for awhile, and haven't been able to listen to it.) I suppose if everything broke the same way (prior to the Arenas trade) but Dwight was mature enough to be a leader and improved his FTs, maybe we at least make it to another finals and ECF with the same rosters and no one would care what Rashard was making. So that makes sense.