Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Agree. I think he is a great target for Orlando.

Yes you are correct. Horford was actually an all star level PF. Now can he stretch the floor and stroke 3s like Milsap? No.

Neither could Millsap until about an hour ago.

Amen, I'm starting to get psyched for football season. My teams are the Gators and Jags. It might seem like I don't have much to be excited about this season, but I honestly have a good feeling about the Jags. I'm basically expecting nothing from my Gators(in football or basketball). I like Jim McElwain, but I'm thinking maybe a 7-5 or 8-4 year(That might sound a little high, but he better do at least that well. I honestly think he should do better; he did say he can win with his dog. I am a spoiled Gator fan so...)

Sounds about right. I like Treon.

Sounds about right. I like Treon.

Yeah, I like the guy but I hear Grier is ahead so far in the QB battle. I'm thinking Grier might get it because he's probably better at flinging the ball around. I'm thinking McElwain's goal is to throw up a ton of points(which should be refreshing considering we basically had absolutely no offense for years).

Once we start winning games next season(hopefully) I'm sure we'll see plenty of people that haven't posted here or watched any games for years jumping back on the bandwagon and hyping him up. I'm absolutely rooting for him; It would be awesome if he becomes a great player(especially because we got him from the Heat for absolutely nothing). He did have a 6 game stretch last year where he scored in double figures @ good shooting percentages.

I'm on the same boat, I'm definitely rooting for the guy. He has great potential to be a solid 6th man and would like to see him eventually get some significant minutes behind Payton.

This team should be a lot more exciting to watch this year. The potential for explosive offense is there and we know the defense will be better. It could have a significant jump in wins IF the youth of the team can be overcome. If that happens it is a scary proposition for the league because we are loaded with young talent and actually have bench depth this season.

This team should be a lot more exciting to watch this year. The potential for explosive offense is there and we know the defense will be better. It could have a significant jump in wins IF the youth of the team can be overcome. If that happens it is a scary proposition for the league because we are loaded with young talent and actually have bench depth this season.

I haven't been this psyched for the Magic since the 09-10 season(which was terrible, f-ing Celtics. Plus Wince Carter). I'm not thinking of even winning a playoff series, but I do have hope this is our year to break back in to the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if we did or didn't make it, but I absolutely agree we can be scary for certain teams if this young squad starts to realize their potential next season.

I guess I'll over hype shabazz and say he'll be better than Payton since we've run out of forum members who do that thing.

Arroyo fans say hello. I would like to see Shabazz take over the leadership of the second unit, like UConn days. I can hope. If not we didn't lose a thing, Great move by Rob, a no brainer.

Arroyo fans say hello. I would like to see Shabazz take over the leadership of the second unit, like UConn days. I can hope. If not we didn't lose a thing, Great move by Rob, a no brainer.

Hell, if all we get from shabazz is a rousing speech in the fourth quarter that picks everyone up and we win the game, it was a good move

We'll see. Hope springs eternal but it was only a few short months ago that we were gritting our teeth trying to watch them and could not wait for the season to end. There was a lot of talk about how many holes there were in the roster, and how the team was made up of pieces that didn't fit well together. Since then we've added a new coach and made some relatively small roster changes. Is that enough to justify the optimism in your post? I'm not so sure. As I said, we'll see.........

Zach Lowe talked to Stan today. There's a good rant about how everyone was way too negative about the rashard Lewis signing.

I mean, it ended up crippling us financially. I know Otis made some other awful moves, but Shard was like the 2nd highest paid player in the league. That's pretty bad.

I also don't have the info in front of me this second, but I remember seriously questioning some moves Stan made for Detroit. He doesn't seem like a terrific economical mind, despite his knowledge of basketball.