Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

@ESPNSteinLine Story going online now: ESPN sources say Clippers lobbying DeAndre Jordan to reverse his decision to join Dallas and stay in LA with Clips

This is what we need to be doing with Millsap. If we truly believe he catapults our team, we must not stop recruiting him (if we really had a chance).

This is what we need to be doing with Millsap. If we truly believe he catapults our team, we must not stop recruiting him (if we really had a chance).

I think it is different when your trying to convince a guy to stay rather than come..

Exum will be a good player but I think your right that his future is at SG. A lot of scouts thought so before the draft as well.

The Exum vs Payton debate is ridiculous since Exum was off the board long before Payton was selected.

By that logic we should have taken Towns this year over Mario.

I think it is different when your trying to convince a guy to stay rather than come..

Agreed. A guy deciding to uproot his life to a new city is much more likely to have second thoughts than a guy resigning.

I disagree. You put forth the same fighting effort if you're trying to get your top FA target signed to help you compete. I would agree if you said its different when Millsap was more of a want for us vs DJ being a need for them.

I'm of the mindset you do whatever you can until pen hits the paper to get your guy; new or old. I really feel having Millsap puts us into the 2nd round and a better position next year with FA, if we want. Now, if you feel you'd rather make a serious run at Horford next year, that's understandable and no reason to make continuous efforts at PM.

I disagree. You put forth the same fighting effort if you're trying to get your top FA target signed to help you compete. I would agree if you said its different when Millsap was more of a want for us vs DJ being a need for them.

I'm of the mindset you do whatever you can until pen hits the paper to get your guy; new or old. I really feel having Millsap puts us into the 2nd round and a better position next year with FA, if we want. Now, if you feel you'd rather make a serious run at Horford next year, that's understandable and no reason to make continuous efforts at PM.

No, you don't do this because it's underhanded and hurts you in future deals with the other team. It's breaking an unwritten rule and you're harassing a man who made a decision

The Chris Paul strap in night still haunts me.

How do i not remember these rumors? was it a lil before the lakers trade bs?

Glad I didn't go thru that lol..

I think the Millsap ship has sailed. I say try for Horford (and KD lol) in 2016 and if/when we miss out on them save the cash for 2017 for the Blake/Ibaka/Westbrook/Curry sweepstakes.

I never knew it was an unwritten rule to stop recruiting a FA once a verbal commitment was agreed upon.

No, you don't do this because it's underhanded and hurts you in future deals with the other team. It's breaking an unwritten rule and you're harassing a man who made a decision

Agreed. Clips are going behind Deandres agents back, that's a sure fire way to burn bridges.

I think the Millsap ship has sailed. I say try for Horford (and KD lol) in 2016 and if/when we miss out on them save the cash for 2017 for the Blake/Ibaka/Westbrook/Curry sweepstakes.

I think we have a decent shot at Ibaka (if he's still needed in 2 yrs). It all starts with KD leaving next summer, then Russ going to LA summer after that. Ibaka has a new baby and what better place to raise him that. Orlando with Disney and a wo derdul international airport for easy travel. Lol.

I don't see Horford coming aboard. Not when his brother Millsap returned to finish the job. We'll see.

HWNSNBU is DJs agent and Clippers feel he steered DJ towards the Mavs. Doesn't surprise me and for the fact I hate this guy, I hope DJ goes back to the Clippers.