Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Hmm....You're right. You can't make it to Orlando then Dubai on the second end of a back to back.

I see it possible if they could bring down the amount of seasonal games in the season eliminating back to backs and creating at the least three days of rest between games. However, there would be a decrease in sale but to account for that, they'd hike up the ticket prices.

Well we'll have to settle for preseason.

They should just make every team play one game overseas. Maybe the last game before all star weekend. That could be 15 games in 15 separate locations.

Have the entire first round of the playoffs over seas. Those games don't matter anyway.

They should just make every team play one game overseas. Maybe the last game before all star weekend. That could be 15 games in 15 separate locations.

I like this idea, in order to spread it further.

I like this idea, in order to spread it further.

Yeah and you could do something like this:

Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica, Brazil, Australia x2, Japan, China x2, Egypt, south Africa, Croatia, Germany, Spain, United kingdom.

And you could rotate locations yearly (though I think you'd keep Australia, China, and UK every year).

Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica, Brazil, Australia x2, Japan, China x2, Egypt, south Africa, Croatia, Germany, Spain, United kingdom.

And you could rotate locations yearly (though I think you'd keep Australia, China, and UK every year).

Keep Brazil, Spain, China, France, Lithuania, Croatia, United Kingdom, South Africa, Australia, Mexico and rotate the other five.

I would be fine if they have all 15 games in Aus.

Lowe/SVG podcast was great. Maxed Rashard Lewis would be a completely normal deal in today's NBA.

Also while Vince choked perhaps the hardest in the 2010 ECF, he was in fact terrible the entire playoffs. I think he had maybe 1 or 2 good performances out of the entire run. In retrospect it was difficult to imagine him improving things against a tougher opponent like Boston.

Lowe/SVG podcast was great. Maxed Rashard Lewis would be a completely normal deal in today's NBA.

Also while Vince choked perhaps the hardest in the 2010 ECF, he was in fact terrible the entire playoffs. I think he had maybe 1 or 2 good performances out of the entire run. In retrospect it was difficult to imagine him improving things against a tougher opponent like Boston.

He had like 3 good performances and 2 ok performances and the rest he sucked. But your point remains.

His best game of the playoffs was arguably game one vs Boston but played horribly otherwise.

The SVG Lowe interview had a ton of insight into the league that was very interesting.

A few things, for the folks longing for a traditional 4 - SVG didn't like having that lineup as he found to be "too slow".

Multiple times he referenced speed, length and athleticism as traits he wanted in his players.

He also spoke about Ryan Anderson, and why he likes stretch 4s who are only good at one thing - shooting. The main reason is because the height is a strong counter to a switching defense. When a shot goes up after a switch, many times the PF is being defended by a guard and has a huge rebounding advantage.

Let's think about this more in relation to the Magic. When Elfrid Payton is in the game, he essentially can switch onto a stretch 4 in a PnR situation and still have a good chance at getting the rebound. Things like that are what makes players like Elf special.

What I like about the "small" lineup of Elfrid. Oladipo, Harris, Gordon and Vuc is that it is extremely fast. It may be the fastest in the league to be quite honest. And that is something we did not use to our advantage enough. Some of that was just plain inexperience (plus injury), but when people say that they question the roster due to the record, I really think we have never seen this roster used properly.

I believe you will see this lineup early in the rotation more and more while the season progresses - Elfrid/Victor/Hezonja/Harris/Gordon. I truly believe that lineup will be devastating because Aaron Gordon can guard 5s and it puts our 5 most athletic players on the floor together. Also, Vuc will need to rest anyway due to the uptempo pace.

Once that lineup gels it has the potential to do serious damage to other teams.

The SVG Lowe interview had a ton of insight into the league that was very interesting.

A few things, for the folks longing for a traditional 4 - SVG didn't like having that lineup as he found to be "too slow".

Multiple times he referenced speed, length and athleticism as traits he wanted in his players.

He also spoke about Ryan Anderson, and why he likes stretch 4s who are only good at one thing - shooting. The main reason is because the height is a strong counter to a switching defense. When a shot goes up after a switch, many times the PF is being defended by a guard and has a huge rebounding advantage.

Let's think about this more in relation to the Magic. When Elfrid Payton is in the game, he essentially can switch onto a stretch 4 in a PnR situation and still have a good chance at getting the rebound. Things like that are what makes players like Elf special.

What I like about the "small" lineup of Elfrid. Oladipo, Harris, Gordon and Vuc is that it is extremely fast. It may be the fastest in the league to be quite honest. And that is something we did not use to our advantage enough. Some of that was just plain inexperience (plus injury), but when people say that they question the roster due to the record, I really think we have never seen this roster used properly.

I believe you will see this lineup early in the rotation more and more while the season progresses - Elfrid/Victor/Hezonja/Harris/Gordon. I truly believe that lineup will be devastating because Aaron Gordon can guard 5s and it puts our 5 most athletic players on the floor together. Also, Vuc will need to rest anyway due to the uptempo pace.

Once that lineup gels it has the potential to do serious damage to other teams.

Agreed. Plus minus Frye in games will yield to a few more wins.

• Upvote 1

Zach Lowe talked to Stan today. There's a good rant about how everyone was way too negative about the rashard Lewis signing.

I think he has some good points but he underrates the internal improvements of Howard as the main reason for the teams success. The Dwight from the finals team was infinitely better than the Dwight from the 40 win Brian Hill team.