Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

Maybe I'm a homer but there's not a single team on that ranking I'd swap rosters with. Obviously guys like AD and Lillard are better players than anyone we have but neither of their rosters excite me at all.

New Orleans is my west team so swapping rosters with them wouldn't do anything for me (since I would still be rooting for both teams lol) but if I was just a Magic fan I would absolutely swap rosters. Granted, the Magic have a core and the Pels simply have a core player (AD is the only guy guaranteed to be there long term, Jrue if he can stay healthy would be a core member as well), but that's kind of the beauty of the Pels roster. You have the heir to LeBron (best player in the league I mean) and all the cap space in the world.

I'm not saying this as a Pels fan, my bias is completely removed from this. I say this merely as someone who knows a thing or two about basketball. If Kevin Durant doesn't go to the Pelicans next year he's a gotdam moron. So yeah, I would take AD and that cap space over the core that Orlando has built, even if it's a very nice core.

But, luckily I get to enjoy both!

I agree right now. The Pelicans have a hard fought playoff series under their belt and a clear superstar in AD. They are in a very good situation but they need to build the roster around AD properly.

Good news for you

The Magic and Raptors will play a regular-season game in London on Jan. 14, 2016. Story: http://t.co/tF1HG2dsoz

That's awesome. Whether I can save enough money for tickets, travel and hotel to London is another thing haha.

Somebody was waiting for Lowe talking about the Magic (and Tobias)?

Here

Excellent article. I would bet on Tobes also. His work ethic is what this team needs, and his leadership skills. Him and Gordon together should be fun to watch.

Believe it or not, some NBA pundits believe Orlando Magic combo guard Victor Oladipo would better suit the team as a sixth man. I have one thing to say to those folks – you need to be drug tested.

Oladipo came into the league a much-respected defender who had question marks surrounding his offensive game. He couldn’t shoot the ball very well, and many were wondering if he could slash to the rim with the same consistency that he did while staring at Indiana.

To his credit, Oladipo is making his critics eat their words.

In an up-and-down rookie year, he shot over 32 percent from the three-point line and hit almost 42 percent of his shots overall, which were better than expected numbers. But in his sophomore season, he firmly grew into his offensive game, going on a tear in the second-half of the season and raising both his field goal and three-point percentages on his way to averaging 17.9 PPG.

So the question heading into next season is whether or not Oladipo can take the next leap into stardom? And all signs are pointing to a resounding yes.

http://www.rantsport...dom-in-2015-16/