Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

How do the Rockets get Lawson for junk while still keeping Howard, Harden, Jones, and Ariza? Why does the salary cap only apply to some teams?

DoM, report immediately.

Well, the fact that it was a trade means that the CAP doesn't apply here, as long as the salaries match.

As for why they got Lawson so cheap, Lawson just checked into rehab for alcohol abuse, so his value was probably negative at this point, to the level that I'm surprised they managed to get anything back at all.

• Upvote 1

I still feel that we should have invested more in getting Paul Millsap , we need a defensive force and it could be such a good fit... Rumors had him coming to us already

What more could we possible have done? He was the first call we made in free agency and we offered him the best contract we could.

What more could we possible have done? He was the first call we made in free agency and we offered him the best contract we could.

That is true, but could also related to what players we would add in addition to him , and whether we see next year as a transition from picking the rebuilding pieces or we go for playoff spot . It seem like was almost a done deal, but so was deandre...

I still feel that we should have invested more in getting Paul Millsap , we need a defensive force and it could be such a good fit... Rumors had him coming to us already

Huh? We offered him a max contract under the CBA, what else would you have suggested we do? And no, no rumors had him coming to Orlando. Complete fail.

Well beside what i wrote above, max contarct is one apect , you can add player options or play with the years, could still not work but give it a try. now that we signed Tobias it alittle diffrent , but i would also check Taj Gibson , i feel that a front cort defence is someting that will adrees a big need for our team

That is true, but could also related to what players we would add in addition to him , and whether we see next year as a transition from picking the rebuilding pieces or we go for playoff spot . It seem like was almost a done deal, but so was deandre...

At no point was it almost a done deal.

I guess all the amotions aroud this pursuit convinced me he was coming... Still belive we should have added experience and defence to go to the playoff this year, severl players could be targeted West,Gibson

Well beside what i wrote above, max contarct is one apect , you can add player options or play with the years, could still not work but give it a try. now that we signed Tobias it alittle diffrent , but i would also check Taj Gibson , i feel that a front cort defence is someting that will adrees a big need for our team

Check Taj Gibson for what? He's under contract with the Chicago Bulls.

Check Taj Gibson for what? He's under contract with the Chicago Bulls.

I'm pretty sure you're having a conversation with an 8 year old (or maybe it's Jareth, I dunno). Give him a break lol.