Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I would've kept O'Quinn, wish him luck.

The PF free agent class is now really thin, I don't see any of them as starter material.

Does Rob make a trade now?

Apparently you aren't familiar with the expression. It's meant to convey how horrible an argument or statement someone has made, in that nothing said in response could possibly do any good. You see, sometimes someone makes a very stupid comment, but someone else can come along and offer a response that could possibly turn the comment into something that resembles something sane, maybe by offering a different perspective. Your comment that AG is capable of Favors production because he just showed it in a summer league game is....literally....impossible to bring into the realm of sanity. Therefore the expression, there are literally no words is appropriate, because nothing I or anyone else can say could possibly save that disaster of a comment. It requires actual words to use that expression.

Now go back to telling us all how AG just proved he's Favors because of a summer league game.

Thanks for the laugh is right.

Thats a really long explanation for failure.

Thanks for the laugh again.

I've had Eskobar on my ignore list for a while now. It's worked out well for me.

• Upvote 1

Small consequence of Blazers losing pretty much all their FAs, we get the most favorable of the Bulls/Blazers 2nd round picks this coming year. It might actually be a relatively high 2nd rounder.

favors is one of the top defensive players at the PF position and can give you 18/10

He can give you 18/10 per36, but he plays fewer than 36mpg, so he really doesn't give you those numbers.

Also, since I'm apparently not allowed to infer anything, what exactly do you mean by "top defensive players at the PF position"? Top 5? Top 20? Top however-many-PFs-there-are-in-the-league? **** be ambiguous.

But anyway, unless it's the last one, you're almost assuredly wrong, since the Jazz were slightly better defensively when Favors was on the bench, as shown here.

aaron would be reaching his maximum upside to be that good

Well, no. If Aaron Gordon starts putting up those numbers it would mostly just be confusing, since the Magic already have an elite rebounder in Vucevic, and since Favors and Gordon are vastly different players with vastly different roles: one is a pf who plays like he is, basically, an undersized 5, and the other is a pf who plays like an oversized 3. One is a decent shot-blocker, I guess. The other is already a plus defender with lockdown defender potential(and frankly, some of the best defensive instincts I've ever seen in a rookie last year).

stop being homers

Ok?

People are willing to gamble on Gordon, because if he puts everything together, he instantly becomes one of the best players in the league. If he doesn't, he's a valuable piece on a contender.

you who doubt Gordon don't understand his ceiling is like James worthy.

He was basically a high school player drafted into the NBA typically guys who are born late in the year reclassify to the following year so that they can maximize their draft potential.

Look at the rookie seasons of all of the great guys who jumped straight from high school and Gordon is comparable

GO ORLANDO CITY !!!...PLAYOFF BOUND !!!

Grew up not caring about the sport but after my kids got me to go to a game I now consider myself an avid fan.

Never seen such passion in Orlando...fans standing and chanting the entire 90 minutes for a Wednesday night game, lol.

Being from Kentucky never understood the mentality of Magic fans...many leave the game with 5 minutes to go even if the score is tied...dog and pony show.

Magic fans could learn a lot going to an Orlando City game.

I have no idea what's going on on this board. I leave for a day and come back to arguments about the use of word "literally."

You know we've gotten to the slow part of the offseason when semantics becomes our primary contention.

:dustball:

• Upvote 1

GO ORLANDO CITY !!!...PLAYOFF BOUND !!!

Grew up not caring about the sport but after my kids got me to go to a game I now consider myself an avid fan.

Never seen such passion in Orlando...fans standing and chanting the entire 90 minutes for a Wednesday night game, lol.

Being from Kentucky never understood the mentality of Magic fans...many leave the game with 5 minutes to go even if the score is tied...dog and pony show.

Magic fans could learn a lot going to an Orlando City game.

"Taino", I'm going to one of their games on the 18th ... never been to one, but I'm hoping after that I'll be struck with the same lighting bolt you were ...