Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

I wouldn't trade gordon for any non perennial all star right now.

Apparently that is a homer viewpoint, but I still don't understand why.

Early impressions. Aaron Gordon looks to have improved his shot significantly and looks great. Payton's shot, on the other hand, somehow looks worse and he's not gotten into the flow of this game at all. Too early to tell on Hezonja, I'm sure the last couple of days have been a whirlwind for him. Would love to see him knock down a couple 3's just to give him some confidence.

Yeah I don't think Paytons shot will evolve as fast as Gordons. Gordon, as I have always said, has a nice motion. The problem is he used multiple ones for different ranges. Kind of wild, really.

I do think Payton will get his shot going, but it won't happen overnight.

You have no idea what Gordon's maximum potential is. That's the funny thing. Your arguments are based on hard line assumptions that you can not prove.

Why would we trade a guy like Gordon who is clearly playing a lot better after less than 12 months of NBA play and on a very favorable contract? It's just simple logic, and has nothing to do with homerism.

Its funny how Space Jesus clearly explained why this trade would be a bad idea with extreme detail and some people respond by calling it a homer post and have zero argument past that. Just seperates the wheat from the chaff here.

Oh if you want to go this route...

nobody knows what Harkless and Nicholsons maximum potential are, therefore we should not trade them for more established better players.

Favors is like Greg Monroe to me, but better at defense and worse at offense. IMO both have to play Center in today's NBA and we already have Vucevic. Rudy Gobert is a much more exciting player

Oh if you want to go this route...

nobody knows what Harkless and Nicholsons maximum potential are, therefore we should not trade them for more established better players.

Oh, I didn't know those guys were lottery picks we targeted during a tanking season.

If you guys can't see Gordon's potential I can't help you. That's a perspective thing.

I'm telling you Gordon is the polarizing guy in this team. The negative fans usually think he is awful and the positive ones think he will be a stud.

By Negative I mean folks who have expressed multiple times that they don't believe in the Magics rebuild.

what a ridiculous homer post

obviously you know better than NBA front offices, who covet rim protectors, i'm surprised you haven't been hired to show them your innovation.

How can a point that's 95% math be a homer post? Serious question. He didn't even address anyone specifically on the Magic. He said shot blocking in general is an overrated stat.

• Upvote 1

what a ridiculous homer post

obviously you know better than NBA front offices, who covet rim protectors, i'm surprised you haven't been hired to show them your innovation.

Dude...

I'm telling you Gordon is the polarizing guy in this team. The negative fans usually think he is awful and the positive ones think he will be a stud.

By Negative I mean folks who have expressed multiple times that they don't believe in the Magics rebuild.

That's so odd to me. Like I get the concerns. He has areas that need improvement. But he's so skilled. How do you not gamble on this guy.

Jeff green is the same type of player but didn't put it together. That's ok though. You still have to play it out and see what you can get

That's so odd to me. Like I get the concerns. He has areas that need improvement. But he's so skilled. How do you not gamble on this guy.

Jeff green is the same type of player but didn't put it together. That's ok though. You still have to play it out and see what you can get

Definitely. Aaron Gordon is a solid investment as of now.

His skill level is incredible. People expect the guy to be amazing at 19 and its not going to happen.

It just shows in this game. He has the potential to take over games, but he is not able to put it together for a full game. That will come with experience.