Soul Bro

Official 2015 Offseason Thread

http://grantland.com...-state-of-mind/

Notice he leaves out Tobias as a keeper.

Better yet:

My dream scenario: Orlando nails that coaching hire (Billy Donovan?), drafts Duke’s swingman/stud/beast Justise Winslow (my favorite 2015 lottery pick/team fit, hands down) and finds a free-agent rim protector. If those three things happen? The Magic could make a serious run at Milwaukee and Utah for 2016’s Most Entertaining Young Team championship belt. God, I love the thought of Winslow on this team. That reminds me, is there a support group for sports fans who despised Duke for the past 20-plus years with a passion normally reserved for meter maids and traffic jams, only they thoroughly enjoyed watching the Blue Devils’ collection of 2015 players and even found themselves rooting for them a couple of times?

Than we take Mudiay because if he drops a lot of teams are going to look stupid. If nothing else, we trade him. Or we keep him and if he ends up being better than Payton or Dipo we trade one of them. I want the best player regardless of position. Mudiay shouldn't drop, he's Jon Wall 2.0.

I'd like Danny Green & Rodney Stuckey to beef up our bench if possible next season...

both unrestricted...Do your thing Henny my man!

Than we take Mudiay because if he drops a lot of teams are going to look stupid. If nothing else, we trade him. Or we keep him and if he ends up being better than Payton or Dipo we trade one of them. I want the best player regardless of position. Mudiay shouldn't drop, he's Jon Wall 2.0.

lol wut?

I don't know what the opinions of @magical on Twitter are...but he had a few interesting tweets recently and I thought I'd share and see what people thought

“@MagicalNBA: Have to credit Aaron Gordon as well for working hard and grabbing boards. That stuff is infectious. The Magic drafted 2 fighters this summer”

“@MagicalNBA: At pick 5, Magic think they will be looking at Winslow and Hezonja from what I heard last night. That being said, you never know with Rob.”

“@MagicalNBA: Winslow checks all the boxes Rob looks for in a draft pick. Hezonja is a wildcard, w/ an attitude but has incredible talent.”

“@MagicalNBA: Coaching - Magic like Gentry, and are looking in college ranks as well. D Collins could be an Asst in that scenario.Very thorough search”

“@MagicalNBA: Magic looking to upgrade the bench this summer. A few pieces - T12 (if $ is right), Fournier. They like Amir Johnson & Donal Sloan + more.”

Thought the Gentry/Collins coaching sounds interesting. He even said earlier that he thinks Collins might come anyway as an assistant if they keep JB. I'd still like Bennett/Collins but Gentry is growing on me

Anyone else see the Sportscenter ticker that says according to Bleacher Report Tom Thibodeau is weighing his coaching options for next year, including the Magic position? Who knows if true, but the Magic have had some good showings against the Bulls so I wouldn't he surprised if our talent has intrigued him.

Magic GM Rob Hennigan says the club "intends" to bring back F Tobias Harris – a restricted free agent – "no matter what" the cost this summer. At $15 mill per year? Seeing is believing.

This is fairly earth-shaking news. Hennigan wouldn't pay Harris what he wanted – near max money – when they talked contract before the season.

Now Hennigan is telling the league he'll essentially match any offer. He could make Harris the team's highest-paid player, exceeding Nik Vucevic's $13-million per year. He must have a hunch that the market for Harris won't be outrageous.

The funny part is that Hennigan – who guards information like launch codes and rarely speaks to us media scoundrels – talked about Harris on a conference call to season-ticket holders.

http://www.orlandose...409-column.html

I hope this is just posturing to discourage bids.

http://www.orlandose...409-column.html

I hope this is just posturing to discourage bids.

Im not sure. I'm starting to think we'll keep Tobias. With the cap set to increase paying Tobias 15 mil a year under a 90 mil cap (about the projected 2016 cap) is equivalent to paying him 10 mil under this one. That's the worst case. The best case is the market isn't really there for him and we pay him 12 mil a year or less which looks even better with the cap increase.