Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: Phoenix Suns @ Orlando Magic

Hung out at church street tonight. Couldn't help but notice fans leaving since the start of the 4th. Still there now.

These small things such as losing focus is why we're a bad team. We just can't focus enough through for an entire game.

This team reminds me of a lesser version of that Magic team that ended the season well with Darko, Arroyo, Nelson, Stevenson,Howard, Redick, Dooling.

Games like this is why we're losing fans, give confidence to scrubs, and have no respect within the league.

We played outstanding in the first quarter and the earlier period of the second. Downward spiral.

Oladipo was the reason we were in the game and out of the game. 34 points and I'll give him a benefit.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately Dedmon got into foul trouble early in the third and had to come out. That may have cost us the game. Having said that, for about a 5 minute stretch our lineup consisted of Nicholson, Frye, Green, Dipo and either Harris or Harkless. Predictable that with that group we would not be competitive on defense and indeed we fell behind by 11. Dedmon comes back in with 8 minutes to go and we made a run, but a few boneheaded turnovers and some very bad perimeter defense at times (especially by Harris) cost us another game.

With Dedmon starting, the starting 5 had mostly positive +/- ratings, while the second unit was uniformly negative, with Frye tied for worst at -12. This is a reversal from last game where the starters had terrible +/- ratings and the second unit was mostly positive.

harkless is horrible but that was a pretty fun game to watch. Oladipo was crazy. 17 points in the fourth

Yea, scoring wise Dipo was awesome but he had some really bad turnovers.

Dedmon needs to learn to avoid the careless fouls. I absolutely love his effort and athleticism, but he needs to stay on his feet when defending a shooter, and stop trying to do too much like reaching around a player while attempting a steal. You don't help your team sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Hung out at church street tonight. Couldn't help but notice fans leaving since the start of the 4th. Still there now.

These small things such as losing focus is why we're a bad team. We just can't focus enough through for an entire game.

This team reminds me of a lesser version of that Magic team that ended the season well with Darko, Arroyo, Nelson, Stevenson,Howard, Redick, Dooling.

Games like this is why we're losing fans, give confidence to scrubs, and have no respect within the league.

We played outstanding in the first quarter and the earlier period of the second. Downward spiral.

Oladipo was the reason we were in the game and out of the game. 34 points and I'll give him a benefit.

Yeah but we as fans need to give something for our team to fight back for. Gotta say we def have one of the worst crowds in the league. The heat game was a big eye opener.

Hopefully we get people back once we start performing at a high level like in the golden Dwight days.

Yeah but we as fans need to give something for our team to fight back for. Gotta say we def have one of the worst crowds in the league. The heat game was a big eye opener.

Hopefully we get people back once we start performing at a high level like in the golden Dwight days.

I took my wife and sister to a game last season. It was the first time I've been to a Magic game (In Orlando) in years, and the first time at Amway Arena.

I got really good seats, and the arena was really nice.

But, the crowd was absolutely embarrassing! We were literally the only three people in the section cheering. I ended up jeering the crowd trying to get others into the game. I was really upset, as I grew up going to the Orena and that place was packed and rowdy. We had some bad teams then too. I know this is the worst stretch ever from a team perspective, but its also the worst stretch ever from a fan perspective.

• Upvote 1

Could only watch the 4th quarter since I was out partying, but I have to give Oladipo some respect, he showed some star potential.

Dedmon is not a world beater but his energy is so fun to watch, our team needs more people like him