Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: Phoenix Suns @ Orlando Magic

Ok, you sure? It sounded unreal when I heard it, but I don't follow soccer as closely.

As someone whose country's primary sport is soccer (football) I can pretty much guarantee that Mario Balotelli will not be playing in the MLS anytime soon.

As someone whose country's primary sport is soccer (football) I can pretty much guarantee that Mario Balotelli will not be playing in the MLS anytime soon.

There were a bunch of rumors from overseas outlets that he was coming over which we all thought was weird

I took my wife and sister to a game last season. It was the first time I've been to a Magic game (In Orlando) in years, and the first time at Amway Arena.

I got really good seats, and the arena was really nice.

But, the crowd was absolutely embarrassing! We were literally the only three people in the section cheering. I ended up jeering the crowd trying to get others into the game. I was really upset, as I grew up going to the Orena and that place was packed and rowdy. We had some bad teams then too. I know this is the worst stretch ever from a team perspective, but its also the worst stretch ever from a fan perspective.

Went to the Philly game on the 22nd and all I can say is..

A-freakin'-men.

We were in the lower bowl, about 20th row. I dunno if they were arguing or something but three punk kids (teenagers/early 20s) were COMPLETELY miserable throughout the game, and shooting everyone around them who made any sort of noise dirty looks. Their mood really took me out of it through the last few minutes of the third quarter, and then in the fourth I said screw it and was so loud I nearly lost my voice. Being my 2nd live game, I knew that I should really pace myself, but channeled my anger towards the numbnuts around me and took it out in my cheering. :) I figured I spent 150 bucks on these seats, I refuse to go quietly into the night. I even said out loud, "This is a basketball game, not church!"

But yeah. The crowd-going fans are SO bad, other than a section here and there, it literally hurts the enjoyment of trying to watch the game. Things were just as bad back in the Dwight-Rashard days at the Chicago game I went to, our entire side of the lower bowl was virtually silent.

I swear, next time if there's a third time it'll be as close to mid court as possible, but in the "cheap" seats with the rest of the real, rowdy fans!

There were a bunch of rumors from overseas outlets that he was coming over which we all thought was weird

Yea a couple places over hear reported it too but the source of the the rumor seems to be some site (that I had to translate from some European language [spanish or italian I'd guess]) that doesn't offer any sources and basically says "Kaka has a good relationship with Balotelli and Balotelli is unhappy at Liverpool so maybe he'll go to Orlando."

Ok, you sure? It sounded unreal when I heard it, but I don't follow soccer as closely.

If the team has a new stadium that hold around 20k next year, every game will be a sellout and they should have the $$ to keep grabbing older stars like Kaka, or maybe someone even better. The games will be utterly insane.

On a side note the Solar Bears games are bringing in close to 10k a game and are a blast. I think hockey is the best live sport to watch. Its a shame tampa has all the major sports besides NBA.

I live in the Tampa Bay area and I can tell you that the Lightning are the hottest ticket in town. Every game is sold out and the owner has spent a fortune turning the arena into one of the best venues in the NHL. The laser light show and rocking sound system is unmatched anywhere. If you've never experienced a game here since the transformation, I highly recommend it. Fan craziness is encouraged, and everyone seems to enjoy the bedlam.

I live in the Tampa Bay area and I can tell you that the Lightning are the hottest ticket in town. Every game is sold out and the owner has spent a fortune turning the arena into one of the best venues in the NHL. The laser light show and rocking sound system is unmatched anywhere. If you've never experienced a game here since the transformation, I highly recommend it. Fan craziness is encouraged, and everyone seems to enjoy the bedlam.

Yeah, The lightning are killing it right now in their division.

I'm going to try and check out a game. A friend of ours owns a minor league team and gets tix. I may have to give him a call, because good seats are not easy to get.