Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

The Orlando Magic Sack Jacque Vaughn

Great now we can move forward. I really feel bad for Borrego and what he got put in the middle of. Hey it can only get better right?

It can totally get worse.

• Upvote 3

Given the firing of the assistants, I think we already have someone lined up. I'd be fine with Skiles, Jackson or Karl.

Karl would want a situation like Chicago or OKC if they fire coaches. He doesn't have time for a rebuild.

I'm personally pulling for Mark Jackson and I'll even put one foot on the Tony Bennett bandwagon.

I'm not a huge fan of Karl or Skiles, but I do agree we need some direction moving forward. Whoever is here next should be a long term solution!

@AlexKennedyNBA Scott Skiles, Mark Jackson and Mike Malone are all candidates who will be considered for the Orlando Magic job, sources confirm.

• Upvote 1

@AlexKennedyNBA For those asking about George Karl, I believe his preference is to coach a team out West. He had said that awhile back.

Interesting...this **article** give Mike Malone, former Kings head coach, a nod on the small list of candidates because he was interviewed before the Magic hired JV. I'd be interested in that name purely because of how well the Kings looked in the beginning of the season, but how much of that was the roster and not the coach?

@tobias31 I want to thank Coach Vaughn for being a first class individual not only to myself, but everyone associated with the Magic.