Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

The Orlando Magic Sack Jacque Vaughn

I don't think that is necessarily the case if the team decides to tank the remainder of this season to land another high draft pick. I know they want to be competitive, and I want to see us be competitive as well. But Alex Martins came out with an interesting comment yesterday at the press conference:

"We feel like we're still going to turn the corner. We may have to take a little bit of a U-turn here in the short-term. But we're just not where we expected or feel we should be."

This can be taken different ways. One way is that firing Vaughn is the u-turn, and his replacement will be the catalyst to turning the corner. However, one could also say that maybe the team will tank one more year to land another high draft pick, thus the u-turn being going from the aim of being competitive to tanking, and once the season is over the aim will be to turn the corner and make serious progression.

For me, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team tank the rest of this season.

It's not tanking when you're just not good.

it's funny because i feel like karl's thirstiness is probably coming from real discussions with the kings. then we go ahead and fire JV and he's like wait, oh sh!t that's a better situation for my last run as head coach....uh, let me go ahead and start tweeting my ass off about how great the magic's young talent is and try to get their fanbase all fired up before I go ahead and settle for sacramento job.

While a change is not imminent, multiple sources told The Bee late Friday that the combination of Karl’s innovative coaching and immediate availability has won over team officials who weeks ago expressed concern about a possible personality clash with All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins.

The overriding factor at this point appears to be financial: Karl would command an annual salary upwards of $4 million, a major potential sticking point given that the Kings will continue to pay Malone through the 2015-16 season. Additionally, teams with more attractive rosters are expected to have coaching vacancies at the end of the year, and Karl, who maintains a high profile partly owing to his ESPN appearances, is thought to be heavily pursued.

One other note of interest, though, is Karl’s preference to remain in the West, along with his personal affinity for Sacramento. Though he referred to himself as a “Seattle guy,” he was vocal advocate of keeping the Kings in Sacramento.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/ailene-voisin/article9492491.html#storylink=cpy

LOL

George Karl ‏@CoachKarl22

What a great line up of @NBA games tonight on @ESPN . Tune into @NBAonESPN2 tonight for my take on these great match ups!

David Steinfeldt ‏@DSteinfeldt

@CoachKarl22 how bout them Magic? Tobias with 34 Vucevic 25 Oladipo with a double double. How can you turn that down?

George Karl ‏@CoachKarl22

@DSteinfeldt nothing to turn down yet. Great night for @OrlandoMagic . Lots of talent.