Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

The Orlando Magic Sack Jacque Vaughn

Before we address why the Magic fired Jacque Vaughn, a word about how they did it: Horribly.

In the last week there has been a slow drip of indications coming from the Magic organization that Vaughn was on thin ice. With the losses piling up, the front office declined to say if Vaughn would finish the season -- which was fine, if they didn’t believe it -- but what followed was a water torture like death for Vaughn, a standup guy who constantly had to answer questions about national reports that his firing was imminent. It was a shady move, one that didn’t go unnoticed by other coaches around the league. Said one coach, “We get hired to eventually get fired. But what they did to Jacque was disrespectful.”

http://www.si.com/nb...oway-open-floor

Oh they should get off their high horse. Almost every team fires coaches this way. They just wait until a good time to install the coach.

If we fired him last Sunday we would be trying to hide the news.

If we fired him two weeks ago we would be firing him too soon and he deserved a chance to turn things around

If we fired him at the end of the season we would have waited too long.

Analysts just like blaming.

• Upvote 2

Oh they should get off their high horse. Almost every team fires coaches this way. They just wait until a good time to install the coach.

If we fired him last Sunday we would be trying to hide the news.

If we fired him two weeks ago we would be firing him too soon and he deserved a chance to turn things around

If we fired him at the end of the season we would have waited too long.

Analysts just like blaming.

Agreed. Analysts get paid to give their opinions and, more importantly, stir up controversy so they get more hits on their respective sites. Glad I didn't bother reading the article.

SVG on Magic firing Vaughn: They’re an organization that turns over coaches a lot. I don’t know if anybody coached there longer than I did.

SVG: "There’s no such thing as a long-time Magic coach." :svgsad:

@JohnDenton555 Magic F @tobias31 on JBorrego: "We have to have his back. We have to want to win & play hard & do all that we can do to help (JB)."

@NikolaVucevic "(Borrego) always stays positive & brings energy to practice. It’s on us as players to support him & help him"

SVG on Magic firing Vaughn: They’re an organization that turns over coaches a lot. I don’t know if anybody coached there longer than I did.

SVG: "There’s no such thing as a long-time Magic coach." :svgsad:/>

*yet.

@JohnDenton555 Magic coach James Borrego said that "a lot of character will be revealed tonight" after 24 hrs of upheaval with coaching staff.

Magic coach James Borrego will make "minor tweaks" tonight vs. @Lakers He wants a focus on D toughness & stopping the ball.

Magic coach JBorrego said "the players feel a responsibility" to salvage season. Thinks his bond w/ players will help spark team.

Magic coach James Borrego: "The coaching brings me peace right now. The Xs & Os & when I’m w/ players, I feel a peace about that."

Magic coach JBorrego: "I believe I have the players’ respect. I demand it & I will be aggressive w/ them. That'll be my approach."

SVG: "There’s no such thing as a long-time Magic coach." :svgsad:/>

Same is true with most of the league right now, including the team he's coaching. I love SVG, but he's just trying to ruffle feathers with this quote. The whole league has been on a coaching merry-go-round over the last 10 years.

Same is true with most of the league right now, including the team he's coaching. I love SVG, but he's just trying to ruffle feathers with this quote. The whole league has been on a coaching merry-go-round over the last 10 years.

SVG just might have an Axe to grind with Orlando management. He loved this area and this team. His family loved it here as well. The way they dumped him to make a baby star they wouldn't even keep happy was not exactly the Magic's shining moment in their decision making history.

SVG just might have an Axe to grind with Orlando management. He loved this area and this team. His family loved it here as well. The way they dumped him to make a baby star they wouldn't even keep happy was not exactly the Magic's shining moment in their decision making history.

Maybe I'm completely off base here but I thought Stan had mentally checked out when Dwight had made his decision he was leaving. He didn't have any desire to go through a complete rebuild and it wasn't his forte or maybe he was above it.