Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

GAMETHREAD: ORLANDO vs Washington

Not a single big man defending in the paint with 0.8 seconds to go? Not enough time for a catch and shoot.

So you wanted a big man defending a guard running around screens?

There was plenty of time for a catch and shoot

Your sig makes me want to headbutt my screen every time I see it.

Missed this game, anyone want to sum it up a bit better than the average recaps supplied by ESPN?

we should have won. it was like the GS game. We had a small lead, but a few small bad plays and bad calls killed us. We lost to last second shot.

I am more impressed with John Wall every time I see him play. I hate flopping, but he sold it easily. I find it difficult to blame Dipo for shooting too early since there was only .08 left on the clock. Trying to time that shot under pressure is not that easy. The out of bounds pass at the end had to be spot on, and it was. The Wizards executed well.

I'm getting seriously tired of the excuses for JV. This is his third year, and his coaching (or lack therof) in the 4th quarter, particularly the last four minutes, was atrocious.

Without ranting on and on about it, I just wish we had a coach that semi-knew what the heck he was doing to show our young guys the way.. a George Karl, a Nate McMillian, hell, just ANYONE that would run some offensive sets and usually had the right guys in the game at the right time.

Just tired of the on-the-job training by the guy who's supposed to be the leader and teacher of these players.

That being said, you can see the potential of guys like Payton & O'Quinn rising to the surface, and generally speaking they're heading in the right direction, especially compared to last year. But my goodness, the team seems almost rudderless at times late in games.

I actually agree with the thought that Dedmon should have been at the rim not the inbounder. Andre Miller is going to get the ball in either way and he doesn't have time to receive the ball back for a shot (nor is he a threat from there if he did have time), he's also always been excellent at throwing the lob pass. I'll live with them getting a quick hoist at the rim from beyond the arc, even with Beal, Wall and Pierce they only have an outside chance of making a contested shot in .8 of a second . Taking away the lob should have been the #1 priority.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I'm just gonna blame Duhon for this one.

Yeah, I seen him as well, and didn't feel that great about it either!

Did you notice, he was wearing a pink shirt? So I would also suggest he was drunk again!! Just saying!!

I actually agree with the thought that Dedmon should have been at the rim not the inbounder. Andre Miller is going to get the ball in either way and he doesn't have time to receive the ball back for a shot (nor is he a threat from there if he did have time), he's also always been excellent at throwing the lob pass. I'll live with them getting a quick hoist at the rim from beyond the arc, even with Beal, Wall and Pierce they only have an outside chance of making a contested shot in .8 of a second . Taking away the lob should have been the #1 priority.

This. Every coach knows the lob is very likely to happen.

I really like JV as a person, but I said when they first hired him as HC that we should really have someone with more experience in there. A rookie coach with a bunch of rookie and young players going through a ground-up rebuild...

That was an experiment that was doomed to failure.

I really like JV as a person, but I said when they first hired him as HC that we should really have someone with more experience in there. A rookie coach with a bunch of rookie and young players going through a ground-up rebuild...

That was an experiment that was doomed to failure.

But it's not failing...