Sign in to follow this  
LaVar

Is Harris Wanting out?

The increasing cba has me wondering if we could maybe get Harris to sign a shorter deal to allow us more flexibility and him a chance for more money if he keeps his performance up. Maybe a 42 million over 3 years type deal.

The increasing cba has me wondering if we could maybe get Harris to sign a shorter deal to allow us more flexibility and him a chance for more money if he keeps his performance up. Maybe a 42 million over 3 years type deal.

I'd rather go longer at 5 years for 14 if he continues to play at this rate. It is still a very tradable contract since the salary cap will increase. Plus 3 years from now, he will be playing his best basketball.

You think that a changing salary cap is going to lead to the re-negotiation of every single NBA player's contract?

There really is a simple equation that could be created that would take into the amount of every player and spit it out. It's simple algebra, Jesus. :shard:

I will agree that the premise seems unreasonable for teams. Was just curious if the idea had been thrown out there within the discussion.

There really is a simple equation that could be created that would take into the amount of every player and spit it out. It's simple algebra, Jesus. :shard:/>/>

I will agree that the premise seems unreasonable for teams. Was just curious if the idea had been thrown out there within the discussion.

No, because there's no reason to believe something like that would happen based on the fact the salary cap has been increasing since it's institution and salaries have never been adjusted in that manner...in any sport.

No, because there's no reason to believe something like that would happen based on the fact the salary cap has been increasing since it's institution and salaries have never been adjusted in that manner...in any sport.

I'm so sorry that I'm not intimately familiar with the history of salary cap rules in all major league sports. I'll make sure to do my extended homework before postulating a theory on this forum again. Because, you know, incorrect ideas are never thrown out bv posters on this forum...

I'm so sorry that I'm not intimately familiar with the history of salary cap rules in all major league sports. I'll make sure to do my extended homework before postulating a theory on this forum again. Because, you know, incorrect ideas are never thrown out bv posters on this forum...

Good point would have sufficed, but by all means do whatever you need to do. Keep in mind you're the one who brought it up again after myself and others pointed out it made little sense.

There really is a simple equation that could be created that would take into the amount of every player and spit it out. It's simple algebra, Jesus. smile_shardhappy.png

It's not "simple algebra".

Have you never seen a business contract before? Even a simple one is typically dozens of pages. Multiply that by 12-15 players per team, times 30 teams. Every single one of those players' contracts would have to be renegotiated individually. Changing the CBA would make no difference because the CBA only dictates what contracts teams can offer, not what happens to contracts already signed. It's the same reason why if a new CBA said individual players can't make more than 10m a season, that wouldn't change contracts that players have already signed; the CBA doesn't work that way.

A player's contract is a legal agreement between that player and that player's team. An agreement between the player's union and the league will not immediately take precedence over that, nor is there any legal way ON EARTH that any court in America would allow agreement between two organizations to make rules over existing contracts between two other completely different entities, which is what you're suggesting.