Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Are we better without Victor Oladipo?

This thread looks even stupider (is that possible?) after tonight's game.

Victor Oladipo's last 5 games averages:

16.8 points

3.6 asts

2.8 rbs

1.8 stls

0.2 blks

1.2 3pt

2.8 ft

.615 fg%

.750 3pt%

.778 ft%

That is only after 3 weeks of being back.

Do you ever doubt our head coaches decision. I remember you never doubted SVG either. You are the biggest homer I have ever seen.

I also remember a good many, on this board, defending Otis Smith too. I remember being painted as some kind of moron for wanting him fired.

I also remember a good many, on this board, defending Otis Smith too. I remember being painted as some kind of moron for wanting him fired.

I admit in the early days I did like Otis, particularly when we pants Dallas with the Gortat / Bass signings. As soon as he bought back Hedo I was done with him. It feels like polar opposites comparing him and our current.

Otis wasn't horrible the whole time he was here. Let's face it - he built a team that made it to the finals.

It was the fact that he panicked, and brought in Hedo and Arenas, that made everyone hate him because not only were we worse, he made our financial situation worse as well.

Otis wasn't horrible the whole time after he was here. Let's face it - he built a team that made it to the finals.

It was the fact that he panicked, and brought in Hedo and Arenas, that made everyone hate him because not only were we worse, he made our financial situation worse as well.

Gilbert likes Otis. If I remember right, we were paying him off at 10M a year for several years not to come to work. Does anybody know if he is still drawing money from the Magic?

Gilbert likes Otis. If I remember right, we were paying him off at 10M a year for several years not to come to work. Does anybody know if he is still drawing money from the Magic?

Correct. Then we got to use the amnesty on him. I believe his contract finished last season. You just have to think back to the days of Howard, Arenas and Hedo to realize how lucky we as fans are to have good characters now in the locker room.

Highly doubt that. Most everyone on here was on the 'fire otis' train after the Hedo and Arenas disaster.

Highly doubt that. Most everyone on here was on the 'fire otis' train after the Hedo and Arenas disaster.

Right. The only way I was even open to keep Otis is if it let us resign Dwight.

Its a fact that you improve more out of the game then within a two hour span. These guys work to build their bodies and conditioning off court in preparation for on court execution. Practice doesn't last two hours. Gaining skill in repetition doesn't last two hours. Watching film doesn't last two hours. There's much more going on off court to prepare than on court and you should always remember this for the two plus hours you see these guys perform.

Sure they can develop slightly on court but most of their realization of their mistakes are witnessed on film and worked on off court