Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Are we better without Victor Oladipo?

Do you ever doubt our head coaches decision. I remember you never doubted SVG either. You are the biggest homer I have ever seen.

To reply to the OP. Yes we are worse with Oladipo at point. It is a clear as the fact that Payton4thewin will defend ANY coach of the magic.

VO is shooting horribly, His assists are down, his overall play has taken a step back. Yes he got hurt but not until the start of preseason, he had all summer before that to improve his game and I just don't see it.

Payton is a true point guard and is a better fit for us Period. And he is a rookie with 17 games under his belt. His confidence is getting better even with JV jacking his minutes around.

learn to get some perspective beyond the immediate.

To say we're better without oladipo is just jumping off the cliff like the lemming you are.

I'm going to post this as many times as possible so that maybe, just maybe this one time people will get it (I don't have any hope of this because half of our fans are reactionary nitwits).

WE ARE APPROACHING A ROUGH PART OF OUR SCHEDULE AND MIGHT LOSE 8 OUT OF 10GAMES OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THE SKY IS NOT FALLING.

AFTER THAT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AN EASY STRETCH WHERE WE WILL WIN THE MAJORITY OF OUR GAMES. WE DID NOT FIGURE SOMEYHING OUT. ITS JUST A RESULT OF SCHEDULING.

we're going to be a team fighting for the 8th seed in the east. It's exactly where we're supposed to be

I look forward to mid December when Oladipo has games and his legs back underneath him, and starts to play at a much higher level, to watch all you irrational fans come back with we love Oladipo, Oladipo for Allstar team. Get your head out of your ass.

Most of these complainers will be gone by then.

...............lol. You guys need a break from Magic basketball. You guys(who are freaking out about Vaughn/Players) clearly can't handle it. Just go away for your own benefit so you don't turn into the 4th generation of fanrroyos.

Threads like this are why I haven't been on this board much recently. Vic is one of the more talented players on this team. He is a long term building block. His jump-shot looks improved in my eyes and he's coming off to very siginificant injuries. He's a SG playing PG because Vaughn clearly believes in bringing Rookies along slowly just like Popovich does.

Oh and also... Orlando is playing one of the most brutal schedules in the league. Night after night it has been one road game after another and when they do come home it's against elite teams like Golden State. Watch. If Orlando can get out of the first half of the season being within 7-10 games of .500 this team will slowly but surely start turning it on. Payton will begin carrying a bigger load, Oladipo will be at his natural position and will have his legs under him, Harris is looking better every game, Vuc will be Vuc. O'Quinn, Harkless, Evan, and Luke off the bench. Maybe even Gordon will be back by then who knows.

Being positive is not being a homer.

Threads like this are why I haven't been on this board much recently. Vic is one of the more talented players on this team. He is a long term building block. His jump-shot looks improved in my eyes and he's coming off to very siginificant injuries. He's a SG playing PG because Vaughn clearly believes in bringing Rookies along slowly just like Popovich does.

Oh and also... Orlando is playing one of the most brutal schedules in the league. Night after night it has been one road game after another and when they do come home it's against elite teams like Golden State. Watch. If Orlando can get out of the first half of the season being within 7-10 games of .500 this team will slowly but surely start turning it on. Payton will begin carrying a bigger load, Oladipo will be at his natural position and will have his legs under him, Harris is looking better every game, Vuc will be Vuc. O'Quinn, Harkless, Evan, and Luke off the bench. Maybe even Gordon will be back by then who knows.

Being positive is not being a homer.

Post all star we play something like 7 of 8 games at home. Should be a good jumpstart for the final stretch. Just need to avoid losing to teams we should beat and we should be in great shape.

...............lol. You guys need a break from Magic basketball. You guys(who are freaking out about Vaughn/Players) clearly can't handle it. Just go away for your own benefit so you don't turn into the 4th generation of fanrroyos.

It amazes me how often we've been here yet nothing changes.

We just lost to one of the best teams in the West. A team that just destroyed the Heat, which are a good team in the own right, the night before. I'm not sure what people were expecting to happen tonight.

For the record I'm totally open to Dipo coming off the bench for a while, at times last year he had some of his better games after he'd been benched for a stretch and he really still looks rusty. But In answer to the question, no we're not better without him.

No.

Victor is coming off two injuries and it's easy to see he doesn't have his wind. Look at him during dead ball situations, bent over hands on knees and breathing really heavy. I don't know if it's lack of training camp or maybe that mask but his energy just isn't right. Besides that he's an effing two guard playing point trying to do too much. Like many others on this board I can't figure out why JV won't play him and Payton together... it's so obvious. Given a little room to roam the floor without the ball playing with a point that can actually get him the ball in good spots is all he needs.

learn to get some perspective beyond the immediate.

To say we're better without oladipo is just jumping off the cliff like the lemming you are.

The poster said we're better off without Oladipo running the point, and he/she is correct.