Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: Orlando Magic at Charlotte Hornets

I Didnt complain until JV only let him play 5 minutes the other night. He needs opportunities to show what he can do and this is exactly what he got today. Can't hit shots or make plays if your coach doesn't trust you enough to play you.

I'll give you that. He should be getting at least 15 minutes even if he's having the worst game of his career

Payton wasn't just making shots before this game. He looked, disinterested. I know he has a laid back, chill mode, but I think JV wanted to see if Dipo's attitude at the pg spot would be a difference maker.

With that said, Dipo at the pg spot just needs to stop. I know he was good last year but Payton needs to start and Dipo needs to go to the 2 spot. Now, that means either him, or Fournier are off the bench.

Payton wasn't just making shots before this game. He looked, disinterested. I know he has a laid back, chill mode, but I think JV wanted to see if Dipo's attitude at the pg spot would be a difference maker.

With that said, Dipo at the pg spot just needs to stop. I know he was good last year but Payton needs to start and Dipo needs to the off guard. Now, that means either him, or Fournier are off the bench.

I think we'll see that soon.

No. Payton needed to sit for a while. You realize he sucked for two weeks. He lost confidence in his shot. He got that confidence back last game. Now he's ready to go again. He should go back to playing major minutes.

He did not suck for 2 weeks in any way. He had ups and downs but he was setting us up nicely on offense and I felt the team was developing nice chemistry with him running the point. When Dipo came back, that all went to the crapper. In no way shape or form should Vaughn have had Dipo starting at the point. If Vaughn felt Payton really needed to come off the bench than start Ridenour. Dipo is a 2 guard. Not a point guard. Can we please stop with that failed experiment? Sure he's capable of brining the ball up the point and making some nice passes but theres more to that than being a good PG and Payton possesses those qualities.

I think to many Magic fans are to head over heals for Victor. It's like he can do no wrong. When he shoots 3-12 no one cares or says anything. When he's passing the ball out of bounds no one cares. But if it's Payton? Better bench him.

As for who goes to the bench, I see Dipo being best fit as the 6th man with how guys are currently playing. As the season progresses I could see Fournier being a really good 6th man but our team needs him from the start of games until Dipo gets his rhythm back.

Are we talking about about starting line-ups? That game was incredible! 3rd greatest comeback in team history. Not just being down early big, but late. Real late. That, obviously, does not happen often. Hope the crowd puts their cheese and wine down for a second and gives them a round of applause tomorrow night.

Willie Green took a cheap shot high from Lance (JT and Steele missed it) and then drilled that 3.

Team has heart.

I think dipo probably starts so Fournier can boost bench scoring.

I would say the same. The scoring punch off the bench would be really helpful, as opposed to Oladipo, who would bring Defense with a backset that lacks offensive firepower sorely. We'll have the hot hand finish the game.

Missed the game. WOW!! Serious comeback!

Why was Dipo on the bench for what seems like the entire second half?

Missed the game. WOW!! Serious comeback!

Why was Dipo on the bench for what seems like the entire second half?

Because he's playing like trash atm and the team were getting blown out. Jacque made a lot of changes and then when we got back into It he trusted the guys who got us there (Gordon/Green/Elf)

Incredible game. Payton definitely needs to continue at the point. The flow just isn't there when Dipo started there. Would this lineup work?

Harris

Fournier

Vucevic

Dipo

Payton

Let's have Frye come off the bench? Harris is non traditional PF but it has worked for him in the past, including last night's game when JV went small ball.