Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: Orlando Magic at Charlotte Hornets

Incredible game. Payton definitely needs to continue at the point. The flow just isn't there when Dipo started there. Would this lineup work?

Harris

Fournier

Vucevic

Dipo

Payton

Let's have Frye come off the bench? Harris is non traditional PF but it has worked for him in the past, including last night's game when JV went small ball.

This may be a good lineup to close games with (for now). The dilemma for JV is finding the right group to start. You hate to leave Fourniers' offense on the bench to start the game but if you want to have Payton starting at the point (which we all do) that may be the only solution. This team really has a lot of possibilities.

RIP Mauro

It was 2 am here, we were down 20 something and I had to work on Adobe Flash this entire weekend.

I'm still disappointed about tapping out but I'm so so happy we won (even if I still have no idea how we did it, after watching the highlights).

Go Magic ? :creaturedance:

It was 2 am here, we were down 20 something and I had to work on Adobe Flash this entire weekend.

I'm still disappointed about tapping out but I'm so so happy we won (even if I still have no idea how we did it, after watching the highlights).

Go Magic ? :creaturedance:/>

2:00 a.m.? You hung in there longer than I would've. You deserve a pass on this one, sir.

Major credit to Vaughn for basically benching Dipo for Payton for the stretch at the end. Also, upon further reflection, it seems Harris is becoming the quiet floor leader of this team. Vaughn kept him out there for the most minutes, and that seems to be the case almost every game now.

Major credit to Vaughn for basically benching Dipo for Payton for the stretch at the end. Also, upon further reflection, it seems Harris is becoming the quiet floor leader of this team. Vaughn kept him out there for the most minutes, and that seems to be the case almost every game now.

This is one of the perks of Harris - his intensity and floor leadership is very apparently. No one else on the floor is an aggressive leader - Oladipo, Vuc, Fournier, Payton, and Gordon are all laid-back personalities, When you watch the game, you can see that Harris is the only person who will get a fire in his eyes and will start barking at guys (normally encouragement to "keep going" or "keep your heads up"). The only other person who has a similar fire is O'Quinn, but O'Quinn doesn't have the natural scoring responsibility that makes Harris a more natural leader.

Granted, Manu, Parker, and Duncan are ALL laid back personalities.

If you take Harris off the floor, I'm wondering if there is anyone who could take up the verbal leadership role. Maybe EP one day, but not now, and I don't see Oli, Fournier, or Vuc ever doing such. They're all guys who lead by example.

What I have seen from Harris is that he's a very selfish offensive player.

Im rewatching the condensed version of the game, and many times I see Tobias collapsing the defense because he has a great ability to get into the lane -- but then instead of passing to 1-2 open guys around him, he just forces up a bad shot.

Dude needs to start getting others involved around him, otherwise he's just gonna be a poor man's Melo -- and that's just horrible considering the state of the NYKnicks.

What I have seen from Harris is that he's a very selfish offensive player.

Im rewatching the condensed version of the game, and many times I see Tobias collapsing the defense because he has a great ability to get into the lane -- but then instead of passing to 1-2 open guys around him, he just forces up a bad shot.

Dude needs to start getting others involved around him, otherwise he's just gonna be a poor man's Melo -- and that's just horrible considering the state of the NYKnicks.

I don't know if he's as much a selfish player as an instructed player. What I mean is I think he's being asked to be our closer on broken down plays again and again by Vaughn. Ditto for end of quarters. He's the guy that's consistently getting the ball. Meanwhile, with Payton on the floor, I think the ball sharing is much better for all, which is why I want him to start.

Exactly!

It is apparent to me that when Vuc is struggling with his shot, Tobes will shoulder more of the scoring and board work as well.

I also think that we are on cusp of coming together and forming a real identity on both sides of the floor.

You can only love what we are getting from Fournier, Frye and Payton. But I am convinced, that when we are healthy Aaron and Kyle will be the 2 pieces that will anchor or defense on the 2nd unit, and when we are stopping people, we are winning a lot more games.

writing_thinking.gifwriting_thinking.gif