TrueBlueDrew

Kentucky Wildcats vs Philidelphia 76ers

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 76ers vs Wildcats in 7 games, who wins?

I still can not get my head around how anyone could possibly think that a college team could beat an NBA team. All you have to do is go back to each of those players college days and look at their stats compared to that college team now. That is not even taking into consideration the large gap in experience and competition level that a 23 year old compared to 18 year olds face. Yes the 76ers are bad, but they still would beat basically all teams (not including national teams) worldwide.

not this **** again

Lol...Don't worry jec. This was like last year.

I remember that year they thought the Gators could beat the Magic.

I forget that a bunch of you all live in Florida...which means you care more about football than basketball.

The majority of Kentucky fans live and breath the sport...which means all we do is watch college basketball and understand how the game works. Chalking this up to a crazy Kentucky fan is just lazy...so congrats

The point is this. The style of basketball that Kentucky is playing with is unlike anyone else in the world. No one else is running 10 deep all season in 5 minute waves. Say what you want about whether or not they would win, but the fact that this KY team has legitimately had national debates about whether or not they could beat an NBA team should at least tell you the talent on this team is no joke. They have 3 pt shooters, they have drivers, they have big men, they have length, they have athleticism, and they have lock down defenders.

I'm not trying to be the idiot that is claiming they can beat the Spurs or Cavs...but I'm just saying that this team has the best chance to beat the worst team in the NBA better than any other college team in the last 30 years.

I forget that a bunch of you all live in Florida...which means you care more about football than basketball.

The majority of Kentucky fans live and breath the sport...which means all we do is watch college basketball and understand how the game works. Chalking this up to a crazy Kentucky fan is just lazy...so congrats

The point is this. The style of basketball that Kentucky is playing with is unlike anyone else in the world. No one else is running 10 deep all season in 5 minute waves. Say what you want about whether or not they would win, but the fact that this KY team has legitimately had national debates about whether or not they could beat an NBA team should at least tell you the talent on this team is no joke. They have 3 pt shooters, they have drivers, they have big men, they have length, they have athleticism, and they have lock down defenders.

I'm not trying to be the idiot that is claiming they can beat the Spurs or Cavs...but I'm just saying that this team has the best chance to beat the worst team in the NBA better than any other college team in the last 30 years.

I don't live in Florida nor do I care more about football than basketball. You're wrong. What's worse is you're wrong AND you're acting like some misunderstood genius. Kentucky went to double over time against Texts A & M, the 76ers trounced Detroit by 20 last night.

No lol. There's been plenty of teams with better talent than this years kentucky team.

If they played the 76ers one hundred times, they MIGHT win once. The average score would favor the Sixers by 30.

Pat Garrity was all-conference in college, for my-sakes. Even if we were to say that Kentucky has 7 NBA players on their roster(and I doubt they do), that would still be fewer than the Sixers have on their roster, which is their entire roster.

If they played the 76ers one hundred times, they MIGHT win once. The average score would favor the Sixers by 30.

Pat Garrity was all-conference in college, for my-sakes. Even if we were to say that Kentucky has 7 NBA players on their roster(and I doubt they do), that would still be fewer than the Sixers have on their roster, which is their entire roster.

Plus, I'd take 1993 Michigan, 2006 Florida, 2001 Duke, 2004 Uconn, 1997 Arizona, and 1998 North Carolina over them.

Their entire roster isn't worthy of a roster. They legitimately only have like 7 NBA players themselves. I think the discussion really isn't how good the college team is, it's more how bad the NBA team is.

Plus, I'd take 1993 Michigan, 2006 Florida, 2001 Duke, 2004 Uconn, 1997 Arizona, and 1998 North Carolina over them.

I don't know about the teams in the 90s, but the 04 UConn and 06 Florida teams had good starting 5s but couldn't go further than 6 maybe 7 into the bench. I'll take 10 who have the mindset of playing all out for 5 minutes, then in come 5 more fresh bodies who are just as good as the first 5.

I think the reason I've bought into it (and I know nobody knows me on this forum, so this doesn't make that much of a difference) and I'm not the guy who makes this wild accusations. I always try to be reserved because I want to be realistic, not a wild fan who thinks illogically purely out of bias...the reason I've bought into it is because I think this Kentucky team is worthy of that conversation, this 76er team is historically awful, and the style that Kentucky is playing this season is unlike anything basketball has ever seen. All of those variables end up making me a believer.

But we can agree to disagree. There are some players on this Kentucky team that can help the Magic and they're not going to be busts like Daniel Orton or Doron Lamb (didn't the Magic have Deandre Liggins for a while too?) All of those players by the way, I said the moment they declared for the draft that it was a mistake and they needed more years in college.

Their entire roster isn't worthy of a roster. They legitimately only have like 7 NBA players themselves. I think the discussion really isn't how good the college team is, it's more how bad the NBA team is.

I don't know about the teams in the 90s, but the 04 UConn and 06 Florida teams had good starting 5s but couldn't go further than 6 maybe 7 into the bench. I'll take 10 who have the mindset of playing all out for 5 minutes, then in come 5 more fresh bodies who are just as good as the first 5.

I think the reason I've bought into it (and I know nobody knows me on this forum, so this doesn't make that much of a difference) and I'm not the guy who makes this wild accusations. I always try to be reserved because I want to be realistic, not a wild fan who thinks illogically purely out of bias...the reason I've bought into it is because I think this Kentucky team is worthy of that conversation, this 76er team is historically awful, and the style that Kentucky is playing this season is unlike anything basketball has ever seen. All of those variables end up making me a believer.

But we can agree to disagree. There are some players on this Kentucky team that can help the Magic and they're not going to be busts like Daniel Orton or Doron Lamb (didn't the Magic have Deandre Liggins for a while too?) All of those players by the way, I said the moment they declared for the draft that it was a mistake and they needed more years in college.

Half of kentucky's players will be busts. Nothing against Kentucky, but that's just what happens with these Elite college teams. All of those teams I mentioned had 8 or 9 solid players on their roster and better top end talent.

Great. Kentucky can play 10 players. I don't see how that correlates to beating an NBA team especially when they have no "special" players on their roster.