TrueBlueDrew

Kentucky Wildcats vs Philidelphia 76ers

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. 76ers vs Wildcats in 7 games, who wins?

So, I am unashamedly a biased vote but I wanted to see what the forum thought.

Here are a few facts about Kentucky's team you may not know.

They have 9 McDonalds All-American's on the team (Charlotte Hornets have 9 currently, the average for most NBA teams is 4.9)

10 players on their roster are over 6'6

Last night Kentucky held the #5 team in the nation to 11 field goals...and they had 11 blocks too.

They have solid depth at every position and size enough to handle NBA bodies and even though MCW is good...he's not THAT good.

Thoughts?

Some people say that the thought of a college team taking even 1 game from the Sixers or any other NBA team is ludicrous.

While I think the Sixers would win a series, I don't think they'd sweep it.

What's your reasoning other than "it's an NBA team..." It is not ludicrous to think that one of the worst teams in the NBA can't be beaten by the best team in college, especially when that college team already has NBA players on it anyway.

Some people say that the thought of a college team taking even 1 game from the Sixers or any other NBA team is ludicrous.

While I think the Sixers would win a series, I don't think they'd sweep it.

What's your reasoning other than "it's an NBA team..." It is not ludicrous to think that one of the worst teams in the NBA can't be beaten by the best team in college, especially when that college team already has NBA players on it anyway.

Wait for the other guys, they're the ones who think that way. Last year I actually said the exact same thing (that those Kentucky Wildcats could beat the Sixers in a game)

When I was 15 I used to go to the park on Sunday mornings and play pickup basketball against a bunch of old dudes. I was more talented. They still destroyed me.

A 15 year old can't compete with the strength and experience of a 45 year old.

Same situation applies here. A bunch of 18 year old can't compete physically with grown men. This is why you see teams like Iowa state who start 4 seniors and 1 junior go far into the tournament and upset teams like Duke.

It's not impossible for a college team to beat an NBA team. Guys can get hot. A perfect storm of things could happen. Even the Spurs wouldn't beat Kentucky 1000 times out of 1000. But philly would beat Kentucky an overwhelming number of times.

Virtually every single player on the 76ers team was an elite college player. It's essentially a roster of elite college players with professional experience, some of whom have legitimate talent and will stick around in the NBA at worst, against a roster with 7 or 8 elite college players. I'd take the 76ers -15.

Virtually every single player on the 76ers team was an elite college player. It's essentially a roster of elite college players with professional experience, some of whom have legitimate talent and will stick around in the NBA at worst, against a roster with 7 or 8 elite college players. I'd take the 76ers -15.

Let's not forget that the coach won't be tanking if he's going against Kentucky like in the league.

When I was 15 I used to go to the park on Sunday mornings and play pickup basketball against a bunch of old dudes. I was more talented. They still destroyed me.

A 15 year old can't compete with the strength and experience of a 45 year old.

Same situation applies here. A bunch of 18 year old can't compete physically with grown men. This is why you see teams like Iowa state who start 4 seniors and 1 junior go far into the tournament and upset teams like Duke.

It's not impossible for a college team to beat an NBA team. Guys can get hot. A perfect storm of things could happen. Even the Spurs wouldn't beat Kentucky 1000 times out of 1000. But philly would beat Kentucky an overwhelming number of times.

You realize that the average age of the 76ers is like 23 right? They only have 3 players over the age of 24. These are not fully grown men. This is a rag tag bunch of players that make up a team with about 5-6 players worthy of an NBA jersey.

MCW (23)

Embiid (20)

Mbah a Moute (28)

KJ Daniels (21)

Noel (20)

Richardson (33)

Shved (25)

Wroten (21)

Thompson (23)

everyone else has either bounced from team to team their entire life or are just lucky to be called up from the DLeague.

Compare that to

Karl Anthony Towns (nice collection of offensive skills for a big man -- Top 3 pick)

Willie Cauley Stein (not even a McD All American but a very versatile big man -- 1st round pick)

Dakari Johnson (Soft Hands and nice post moves -- Nazr Mohammed but with more offense -- 1st round pick)

Trey Lyles (Big and Athletic with the Dirk-Like shooters touch -- 1st round pick)

Aaron Harrison (clutch buckets -- 1st round pick)

Andrew Harrison (big PG who can slash -- 1st round pick)

Poythress (athleticism for days probably a 2nd round pick)

Devin Booker (3pt shooter, decent defense -- late 1st early 2nd round)

Tyler Ulis (Fantastic floor general, fantastic on defense -- 1st round pick)

Screen-Shot-2014-11-20-at-10.46.55-AM.png

Look, I'm not saying that it is a guarantee that they win, but I think talent is a lot closer than people want to give them credit for.

On top of that, the sixers are really that bad and the platoon system will wear people down and when a team doesn't care about their PPG but instead collectively shutting down the other team...they become very dangerous. 11 Blocks vs 11 Field Goals? That's stupid.

I just think to say "it could never happen cause they're NBA players" is a really bad argument. They're really bad/young NBA players. It's not like it's the Spurs or Cavs or anyone else. This is a team with young guns, mediocre or too old guys, and then a bunch of random nobodies. Give the college team that has 10 players that will likely end up on NBA rosters some credit.

General Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTshnhPQ_Xg&list=UU5aIkGi2U7cXJNVoWcWznVQ

11 Blocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7brqGWiUSM&index=9&list=UU5aIkGi2U7cXJNVoWcWznVQ

Karl Anthony Towns (nice collection of offensive skills for a big man -- Top 3 pick) Based on potential he's a top 3 pick but his numbers are hardly inspiring, he's a 7 footer shooting 38% from the field against college players.

Willie Cauley Stein (not even a McD All American but a very versatile big man -- 1st round pick) - Was a bit part player for a team who's best player was Nerlens Noel

Dakari Johnson (Soft Hands and nice post moves -- Nazr Mohammed but with more offense -- 1st round pick)

Trey Lyles (Big and Athletic with the Dirk-Like shooters touch -- 1st round pick) - Shooting 25% from the college 3... At present he's neither Dirk like nor is he a first round pick this year.

Poythress (athleticism for days probably a 2nd round pick)- See Willie Cauley Stein

Devin Booker (3pt shooter, decent defense -- late 1st early 2nd round) - Currently shooting 25% in college. Against worse players and teams than the 6ers

Tyler Ulis (Fantastic floor general, fantastic on defense -- 1st round pick) - His listed height of 5'9 is a push. He'll be lucky to make it in the league at all let alone be a first round pick if you ask me. Regardless, MCW and Tony Wroten would eat him for breakfast.

Obviously the numbers can change and you expect them to improve as the season goes on but the points still stand.

Also being a first round pick, a draft pick, a highly rated prospect or a good college player =/= being even an average NBA player.

You realize that the average age of the 76ers is like 23 right? They only have 3 players over the age of 24. These are not fully grown men. This is a rag tag bunch of players that make up a team with about 5-6 players worthy of an NBA jersey.

MCW (23)

Embiid (20)

Mbah a Moute (28)

KJ Daniels (21)

Noel (20)

Richardson (33)

Shved (25)

Wroten (21)

Thompson (23)

everyone else has either bounced from team to team their entire life or are just lucky to be called up from the DLeague.

Compare that to

Karl Anthony Towns (nice collection of offensive skills for a big man -- Top 3 pick)

Willie Cauley Stein (not even a McD All American but a very versatile big man -- 1st round pick)

Trey Lyles (Big and Athletic with the Dirk-Like shooters touch -- 1st round pick)

Poythress (athleticism for days probably a 2nd round pick)

Devin Booker (3pt shooter, decent defense -- late 1st early 2nd round)

Tyler Ulis (Fantastic floor general, fantastic on defense -- 1st round pick)

Screen-Shot-2014-11-20-at-10.46.55-AM.png

Look, I'm not saying that it is a guarantee that they win, but I think talent is a lot closer than people want to give them credit for.

On top of that, the sixers are really that bad and the platoon system will wear people down and when a team doesn't care about their PPG but instead collectively shutting down the other team...they become very dangerous. 11 Blocks vs 11 Field Goals? That's stupid.

I just think to say "it could never happen cause they're NBA players" is a really bad argument. They're really bad/young NBA players. It's not like it's the Spurs or Cavs or anyone else. This is a team with young guns, mediocre or too old guys, and then a bunch of random nobodies. Give the college team that has 10 players that will likely end up on NBA rosters some credit.

General Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTshnhPQ_Xg&list=UU5aIkGi2U7cXJNVoWcWznVQ

11 Blocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7brqGWiUSM&index=9&list=UU5aIkGi2U7cXJNVoWcWznVQ

There's a reason you have to wait 3 years to enter the NFL. A 18 year old and a 22 year old are vastly different players.

Obviously the numbers can change and you expect them to improve as the season goes on but the points still stand.

Also being a first round pick, a draft pick, a highly rated prospect or a good college player =/= being even an average NBA player.

Congrats on taking stats after 3 games when offense isnt the motive for this team its defense and it's clear you've never watched a game. WCS was much more than what you gave him credit for as was Poythress.

Congrats on taking stats after 3 games when offense isnt the motive for this team its defense and it's clear you've never watched a game. WCS was much more than what you gave him credit for as was Poythress.

Lol. Crazy kentucky fan.