Sign in to follow this  
IronMaiden

GAME THREAD: Milwaukee Bucks @ Orlando Magic

I like Harkless and his potential, but I think this board overrates him.

Very much. We will likely trade him + Nicholson for something we need, or he will stay as insurance in case someone gets hurt.

GIF Highlights of Last Nights Game

Oladipo's first bucket this season

DelayedIllegalChickadee.gif

Ridnour to Gordon Alley-Oop

AmpleEnlightenedAntlion.gif

Aaron Gordon Block and Fast Break Dunk

RipeUnhealthyGentoopenguin.gif

Harris' Creative Move to the Rack

AnotherSneakyBasilisk.gif

Oladipo's Crafty Layup

VigilantImpoliteArgali.gif

Vuc Power Dunk

ImperturbableUnhappyHoneycreeper.gif

• Upvote 4

The Magic had their best outing so far. Started out slow and sluggish, but were able to pick it up. A.G. was the reason, he came off the bench and brought his energy with him. He had one stretch where he blocked a shot at one end and ran the floor and got a dunk from Luke, who also placed one up for him earlier for a lay in (8pts,3reb,3A,1blk,1stl,0to). Victor started out a little clumsy, getting doused on the defensive end, at one point getting his ankles broken on a crossover. But it didn't take long for him to shake the rust off. Victor had a nice offensive stretch which he had a sick left handed layup, and a mid range jumper. Coach Vaughn had a couple rough games, but tonight he also stepped it up. Lets not forget about Tobias who had an all around good game, 3rd double double this season, and fourth game scoring over 20pts (26pts,10reb,3ast,1blk). Elfrid had his poorest game, at one point Gerald Sasser came to my mind, but I quickly shook it off. Seems like Elfrid has had every layup/dunk attempt blocked, his offensive game needs to have something. He seems timid to shoot a jumper and only has attempted one 3pt and missed that. His defense ability has been great in stretches, but not consistent yet. Luke has the ability to stretch the floor and make his cutting jump shot, which is why he has been on the floor in the late 3rd and 4th quarters. That may change with Victor coming back. Evan had a quiet game but was solid with 15 pts. Nik came up 1 reb short of a DD with 18pts and 9 reb. Nice game fellas, Washington next...

I like Harkless and his potential, but I think this board overrates him. When I watch him play, he still has a very poor handle, poor lateral quickness and just seems slow in making reads on offense and defense. What he does do well is run the fast break, clean up the boards and has an improved three point shot. I think Hark's best case scenario is that he becomes a stretch PF (ala Horry), given his length and improved stroke. I just don't see him having the quicks to be a true SF, let alone a SG.

It's not a question of overrating him, just questioning why he isn't getting minutes. I think we forget he's only 21. I don't see him as a starter, but giving him minutes where he can flash his potential could turn him into a valuable trade chip. His trade value buried on the bench is zero.